Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: regulator fitting issues

regulator fitting issues

Could some one here offer some guidance on my fitting a regulator to my old s310.

Some time ago I purchased an inline regulator off an auction site and have just gotten round to fitting it. Followed the destructions to the letter and I am getting a weird fault...

It don't work! I can charge the gun and both theguage on my pump and the gun read about the same bar. Up to about50 bar it works, but soon as the pressure exceeds that you can cock and fire the gun but no air comes out. Its as if the regulator cuts off the main air cylinder completely. The whole system holds air, the valve holds there is no hissing of escaping air. It just won't charge the small regulator resevoir .

Any ideas anyone?

Yorkierm

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It sounds like you've put it in the wrong way around.....
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Lol

That would be a very school boy mistake but just to be sure...the adjuster screw faces the muzzle end of the rifle, meaning the system is assembled with valve body against stand off, then the regulator itself.

I even watched you tube, so I know assembly is correct. But as to why it won't fill the standoff resovoir with air is currently a mystery.

what make of reg is it

A Robert lane one purchased off flea bay about a year ago.

Like I say its odd as you can put up to about 50 bar into the gun and it'll cock and fire untikk hammer spring pressure overcomes valve and it knocks open and drains.

Over 50 bar it cocks but no air discharge on firing. Gauge reads OK but its as if the cylinder is empty. I have to carefully loosen the gauge mounting screw to allow the air to drain.

Very confused.

Assuming everything else is correct the regulator needs checking on a tester but sounds like the adjusting screw needs unscrewing slightly.

I'm assuming it's one of Rob Lanes Regulators? If so contact him directly you will find him very helpful. IIRC he sets them to 100bar as standard.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Was going to say that it sounds like the reg has been set to low.and needs adjusting .as above contact Rob.
    Last edited by daystatedan; 25-11-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    Bsa R10 se

Yeah it is Robert lane. Bought new and the instructions say its set to 100 bar. I have not touched the adjuster screw but will try tomorrow to see if I have any joy buy unscrewing it a turn.

keep us updated ps what rifle is it in

Hi
    I have 3 of robs in various guns all working fine
    Rob is helpful so worth a mail

sure you will get it sorted

Cheers
    si

Its in an air arms s310/410.

Its been built up from odd bits again bought of the auction site. Was running great but thought I'd fit said reg to try and improve things more.

If the reg pressure is set too low could it just shut off then? Seems strange the gauge is reading a pressure but there seems to be no volume.

fill it up with bolt drawn back and cocked

That's what I am doing. It holds airand fires up to about 50 bar then just seems to shut off. It reads a pressure but there seems to be no air in it. No air is hissing through the valve and if I loosen the gauge screw all the air escapes from the cylinder. It just won't discharge air on firing. The valve is opening so its not a weak spring or anything.

weird one this sounds as if reg pressure has gone

Tommorriw I will unscrew the adjuster screw a few turns and try again to see if that makes a difference. Like I say I haven't played with the regulator at all its as it was out the packet.

Just getting frustrated as I cannot for the life of me fathom why its not working. Even tried pumping up to full pressure and its just the same.

Can only hope the regulator is set too low so it just means that its shutting itself off, and that by opening it up it'll work...we shall see.