Thread: Hw 100 Low Shot count?

Hw 100 Low Shot count?

My Weihrauch HW 100 carbine is only really managing four magazines in 22 before power drops off. Have charged it and left it for week and needle not moved. Bought recently second hand so no idea what new ones get re number of shots. Is my shot count low or am I worrying about nothing?

Sounds about right, I get approx 50 shots from my .177 carbine. Pretty pathetic from such a large regulated cylinder.
    Last edited by Hollowpoint; 25-11-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    hoplophobe

I think if I remember correctly I used to get about 80 from mine .22
    See if this link is any good to you http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.or...tml?mobile=off
    Bsa R10 se

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    My wife's gets over 5 mags in .177 running at about 10.8fpe
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by MRGbb View Post
    My Weihrauch HW 100 carbine is only really managing four magazines in 22 before power drops off. Have charged it and left it for week and needle not moved. Bought recently second hand so no idea what new ones get re number of shots. Is my shot count low or am I worrying about nothing?
    Think my lad gets about the same ,he has the Karbine (i have the full length gun) (both .177 though) Guess you have put it over the chrony , have you checked the Reg out-put,, If it is worrying you, (easy to do).
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Your shot count is a bit low, but like any mass-produced mechanical item, there are some good ones and some bad ones.
    I used to regard four mags as normal for .177K and five as normal for the .22K, while unlucky people might get a mag less and lucky people might get a mag more.
    With some tuning it's possible to get six mags from a .177K and seven or eight from a .22K.
    The shot count it has to start with gives no indication of its potential shot count if carefully set up; I've seen two-mag-per-fill .177K's end up with six mags worth at 11-11.5ftlb after tinkering.

From data published by wierauch .177= 50 shots .22= 75 shots . These figures are for the KS and KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Sounds about right, I get approx 50 shots from my .177 carbine. Pretty pathetic from such a large regulated cylinder.
    This was a .177 belonging to a friend of mine, which we tweaked (unsorted pellets, so a few fliers/outliers, set for 11.4ftlb with 8.4gn JSB - his preferred muzzle energy for targets) - red = before, blue = after:

This was one of my .177's after tweaking - unfortunately I can't find the 'before' chrono string (unsorted pellets, so a few fliers/outliers; set for 11.0ftlb with 8.4gn pellets which is my preferred muzzle energy):

Thanks

Seems mine not million miles off, was just curious love the gun regardless. Full length do seem to get many more shots, yet cylinder not that much bigger. Thanks for your replies anyway

I have a hw100kt 22 and after it was shooting overpower I turned the regulator and now even though it's under 12ft, it only gets 4 mags. can anyone advise me on which gauge to get to check it. I am a noob so any advice appreciated.
    Mickey.

The Gauge i use is the one off the Hand pump (i`m lucky ,i have the hand pump an also a divers bottle) some one the bay http://www./itm/Weihrauch-HW100-regu...3D141038816786 (example) if you look around or know someone in the industrial trade you might get something cheaper.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybuck View Post
    This was a .177 belonging to a friend of mine, which we tweaked (unsorted pellets, so a few fliers/outliers, set for 11.4ftlb with 8.4gn JSB - his preferred muzzle energy for targets) - red = before, blue = after:

This was one of my .177's after tweaking - unfortunately I can't find the 'before' chrono string (unsorted pellets, so a few fliers/outliers; set for 11.0ftlb with 8.4gn pellets which is my preferred muzzle energy):
    You seem to have improved them quite considerably What tweaking have you done?
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by MRGbb View Post
    Seems mine not million miles off, was just curious love the gun regardless. Full length do seem to get many more shots, yet cylinder not that much bigger. Thanks for your replies anyway
    The gauge and valve/screw thread take quite a bite out of the cylinder capacity in the case of the carbine. From memory the carbine's air capacity is 105cc and the full-length 175cc, with a proportionate difference in shot count. I once recall getting a ridiculously high shot count after tweaking a .22 full-length - around 13 mags per fill at 11.0ftlb.
    With PCPs, larger calibres and longer barrels give more shots per fill.

hw100

I had a fsb ks in 177,,,, using jsb exacts in the gun ,4 mags and that was it,,,refill needed

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    You seem to have improved them quite considerably What tweaking have you done?
    Getting on for ten years ago, I deliberately badly set up my HW100's in different ways (e.g. too high reg pressure, too low reg pressure, changing the Belleville layout, and sometimes with multiple badly set up components combined) then shot full chrono strings and looked at the graphs. The graphs showed distinctive trends or shapes when different things weren't in perfect harmony.

Then when it came to tweaking individual guns, I started by doing a full-fill chrono session of each gun to see how the gun was set up by the factory, then compared its chrono strings with my badly set up charts to see whether there was even a slightly imperfect setting. It would then be a case of tweaking the internals in several small steps followed by chrono strings, until the imperfections were ironed out.

Here are some examples (unweighed/unsorted pellets and you can see a few 'fliers) of how regulated guns can be a bit less than perfect, and I would urge anyone with any make of regulated gun to check a full-fill over the chrono because you never know how well or badly your gun is set up: