Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hawke 2-7x32 anyone use one

hawke 2-7x32 anyone use one

looking to buy a small scope to go on my hw99, close range stuff,
    i use hawkes on my other rifles, and find they work well for me,
    local stores havent got any 2-7x32 in stock to look through, any advantages or disadvantages of the 32mm objective
    or any suggestion on other small scopes
    cheers

smaller scopes like 32mm, have slightly better depth of field, ?(band of focus) than bigger scopes, but gather less light compared to bigger scopes, but do look less top heavy on guns, and are a bit lighter if that matters to you. lighter scopes i think are less likely to move / creep on a springer, less weight less kinetic energy transfered into it.

small scopes i like em !

I use one of these http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...shotgun-scope-[822011].html very good cant fault mine Also there are these http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...iflescope.html

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    I use one of these http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...shotgun-scope-[822011].html very good cant fault mine Also there are these http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...iflescope.html
    Are either of those any good ? Esp the 2-7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by maddstaff View Post
    looking to buy a small scope to go on my hw99, close range stuff,
    i use hawkes on my other rifles, and find they work well for me,
    local stores havent got any 2-7x32 in stock to look through, any advantages or disadvantages of the 32mm objective
    or any suggestion on other small scopes
    cheers
    Hi there, i would say the hawke 2-7x32 would be perfect for the 99s, i have owned one and think their brilliant value for money giving a nice bright clear sight picture down to well under 10 yards on full mag as well as being quite well built, if you do go for one i would make sure it's the latest example with the glass etched illuminated mil dot reticle...

They only come now with a generic mil dot reticle, I have an older one with map 6 reticle, the best ones were the US versions with a finer map 6 reticle than the UK models, they used to suffer with the scope cap turning the elevation adjuster when tightened down, I would guess this has been sorted now, great little scope with good depth of field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Are either of those any good ? Esp the 2-7 ?
    I have only used this one http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...shotgun-scope-[822011].html not sure why it will not come up but it should be the simmons 8 point 1.5-32 scope THEY ARE GOOD

I have a hawke 2-7x32 on my Webley Tomahawk, and it works no problem, allso a big fan of the Simmons Whitetail 1-5x20. I have 5 of them on various rifles from a Sumatra in .177 to Mercurey in .25.

I've just brought the Simmons 8-Point 1.5-5x32 - outstanding scope for the money...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    I've just brought the Simmons 8-Point 1.5-5x32 - outstanding scope for the money...
    Brilliant little scope, and at a silly low price from JS Ramsbottoms...

I have a hawke airmax 2-7x32 map6 on my hw99s. Fits like a glove.

brilliant bit of kit mate and great value also. I've got 2 at the mo and only second to the little WTCs I have. A great improvement over the early ones IMO, having had a few now.

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    brilliant bit of kit mate and great value also. I've got 2 at the mo and only second to the little WTCs I have. A great improvement over the early ones IMO, having had a few now.
    The early 2-7 AO hawks shifting poi every time zoom or focus changed !!!! I've got some later Hawke scopes , no issues
    Ask someone on here to check there's works fine if changing settings maybe ....

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    The early 2-7 AO hawks shifting poi every time zoom or focus changed !!!! I've got some later Hawke scopes , no issues
    Ask someone on here to check there's works fine if changing settings maybe ....

^^^ This was my fear. Be good to hear from current owners if it's a problem still.

Hawke/ Simmons scopes

I have a 2-7x32 hawke scope bought from JS Ramsbottom and find it excellent bit of kit, bought it about a year or so ago and had no issues with it , seems to work fine with all my classic springers .
    The Simmons whitetail classic 1-5x20 also superb and even brighter image but prefer the mil dots of the hawke.
    Atb
    Tony.