Thread: Problem with zeroing new gun.

Problem with zeroing new gun.

Ive just bought a new brocock elite xl in .22 calibre. It held its zero for about 20 shots. After plinking in the garden with it to get used to the feel of it,it now shoots quite eratically.Ive made sure the barrel,barrel support and moderator are tight.Ive taken off the scope and remounted it. Then tried to zero it.Still eratic shots.I replaced the scope with a brand new mtc mamba lite and new mounts .Ive tried different pellets.Nope still no good .Im just about to send it back.Any help appreciated.

Clean the bore. It'll be full of protective crud, which will cause inconsistencies with poi.

I will try this first thing,Thanks.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Or, if it's the same as the one I bought for my wife a while ago, there are so many issues with it that you will take it back. Quite simply, the worst air rifle I have ever shot.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

I bought one which was just like the one Learningcurve bought (in fact, it could be the same one). Erratic, over power and very low shot count. I had a little more patience than LC and I returned it via the RFD I bought it from, back to Brocock.

Five weeks later I got it back and what a fine little rifle it is now, but they did a huge amount of work on it, including changing the barrel. The question I would ask is why didn't it come out of the factory first time in this condition? The fact that, historically, they haven't has ruined their reputation. I do hope that Daystate / Diana can improve the quality control and recover the situation because when they're good they are pretty good.
    Last edited by Monster; 26-11-2014 at 07:46 PM.

All these comments and tips are a great help fella,s THANKS.

I bought an air arms s200 pellet on pellet

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    I bought one which was just like the one Learningcurve bought (in fact, it could be the same one). Erratic, over power and very low shot count. I had a little more patience than LC and I returned it via the RFD I bought it from, back to Brocock.

Five weeks later I got it back and what a fine little rifle it is now, but they did a huge amount of work on it, including changing the barrel. The question I would ask is why didn't it come out of the factory first time in this condition? The fact that, historically, they haven't has ruined their reputation. I do hope that Daystate / Diana can improve the quality control and recover the situation because when they're good they are pretty good.
    If you bought yours from Solware in Tamworth, then it's a possibility, but I very much doubt they would sell it on without returning it to Brocock for fettling.

The replacement Daystate Regal is still going strong 12 months later.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    If you bought yours from Solware in Tamworth, then it's a possibility, but I very much doubt they would sell it on without returning it to Brocock for fettling.

The replacement Daystate Regal is still going strong 12 months later.
    It wasn't from Solware, it was from my local RFD which has its main store not far from you, so it is unlikely it is the same one. It does go to show that problems with Brocock Elites are quite common.

It's a shame, because I really like mine now it's fixed. It will be interesting to see how they go under the new ownership.

A quick update guys. I phoned the rfd i bought it from and he contacted Brocock. Its getting picked up tomorrow by TNT. Garn back to Brocock for some fettling. I will let you know what happens next.

Little hope

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post

Daystate's QC seems pretty poor recently so I wouldn't hold my breath!