Thread: Hammerli AR20

Hammerli AR20

I am awaiting delivery of a Hammerli AR20 , having downloaded the manual and found no mention of safety or dry fire button , can anyone tell me how this gun should be stored with a full cylinder ?
    I have an air Pistol that needs the dry fire button pressed or the air leaks slowly , a friend of mine needs to unscrew his cylinder slightly when putting it away .
    Can anyone assist ?

Store it uncocked and unloaded like most other PCPs is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aitch75 View Post
    I am awaiting delivery of a Hammerli AR20 , having downloaded the manual and found no mention of safety or dry fire button , can anyone tell me how this gun should be stored with a full cylinder ?
    I have an air Pistol that needs the dry fire button pressed or the air leaks slowly , a friend of mine needs to unscrew his cylinder slightly when putting it away .
    Can anyone assist ?
    I have had 2 of these rifles and has as already been said, as long as the seals are good it will need no preparation for storing, your friends rifle sounds like it has a leak so unscrewing the cylinder would stop it emptying it's self...

Quote Originally Posted by aitch75 View Post
    Can anyone assist ?
    There isn't a "safety" on the AR20, but as said previously leave uncocked and you will have no problem.

You may wish to store the rifle with the breech open, to relieve the static load on the breech seal.

These rifles have a double regulator, stepping down to 200 bar and then again from 200 to the working pressure. I'm concerned that if the first reg lets through, the second reg will see air on the inlet side at maybe up to 300 bar which presumably it isn't intended to. So I don't fill mine much past 200 bar.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

As Rich says, fill to 200 ish and store with the breech open ( but not cocked ). I store all my air rifles with the breech open, where possible, after John Ford of Sportsmatch advised me that moisture can build up in the barrel over pre longed amounts of time.

Great rifles though, I'll get another in time for informal FT shooting.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

No need to do anything about the fill pressure for storage i usualy leave mine with what ever pressure it has left in it after a shoot, or with 200bar in it over night if im shooting a comp in the morning.
    I dont mind filling it to low as 180bar thats enough shots for a practice and a 40shot FT course.

Theres no saftey, the majority of target guns dont have safteys.