Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Ultrasonic Cleaner

Yes sorry the Lyman one, £55 vs £130 though. They all come from China, it's just the logo on the front that changes. The only thing I can see which is different is the basket, the cheaper one doesn't have sides to it, but I have a smaller basket which centres the cases over the transducer.

I run around 30 cases at a time for 8 minutes + 8 minutes, heated, with a squirt of washing up liquid and 25ml of SeaClean 2 (but leave this out if you're cleaning nickel plated). The water's pretty nasty after 100-150 cases, but the cases and primer pockets are clean with a matte finish.

It seems to be quieter than tumbling, no chance of a fouled flash hole, cheaper to run, no airborne lead dust, and much quicker.

Thanks for the info
    It's all forgotten now, but Rockers and Mods only started fighting as the Rockers were annoyed at having some of their comments removed

Well I bought the lidl one today, ok but not great with just washing up liquid and warm water so going to go for the lyman copy I think and see how that goes.

If anyone's interested the lidl one is .6L and will hold 100 hornet cases or 50 6.5x55, just.
    Last edited by 223AI; 01-12-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Well I bought the lidl one today, ok but not great with just washing up liquid and warm water so going to go for the lyman copy I think and see how that goes.

If anyone's interested the lidl one is .6L and will hold 100 hornet cases or 50 6.5x55, just.
    get some seaclean from maplin i bought one today and ran it with seaclean, very pleased with the results, much better than the Maplin one I've used for the last year or so,
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

This what I use lyman turbo 1200 from hannams for £60.. including free media works very well.
    don't have to dry them.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    get some seaclean from maplin i bought one today and ran it with seaclean, very pleased with the results, much better than the Maplin one I've used for the last year or so,
    I'll give that a go then Kenny
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by 6mmbrbob View Post
    v bay number

I have one of these and its the best thing I got for the workshop.

243/17/20tac/6mmbr/and 308 cases come out like new.

6mmbrbob.

Bit cheaper on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Direc...H9RN5GBVMEXT7A

Got one just try it, need it bit larger for my 308win case
    Last edited by Simon_S; 14-12-2014 at 11:05 AM.