Thread: guns you got and was dissapointed with

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Two rifles spring to mind that I bought new,a BSA Stutzen airspoter which had a leaking tap and a BSA Mercury 's' in .177 wildly inaccurate with a wobbly barrel.I had earlier models of both and they were spot on so I was well disappointed with these two.
    In saying yes to this air rifle you are confirming that you are not a messer and are allowed to go out in public without your carer

John Darlington 766 was because he hadn't much cash after getting out of the Army and needed something to shoot that was cheap. (Interesting Army career in Ireland). Anyhow, as soon as he had some spare dosh and his articles started paying, then sponsorship, he never had to look back. He didn't switch rifles often and got to know each very well. A good shot and could pull off the long shots because he was familiar with his rifle combination and practiced often. He wasn't a collector and just kept those he used. He was quite happy with the small income his airgun journalism gave him and enjoyed country and shooting lifestyle on the South Downs. A bit of a splifhead and laid back guy; and he wasn't that impressed with the establishment and authorities. Just loved his shooting and hunting. How do I know? He was at a stag party of a friend and we had 48hrs completely out of our trollies... good party.

FWB Sports: light weight, twitchy, not very forgiving, but to me a joy to shoot. However, there are much easier rifles to shoot.

Most disappointed then the Crosman 1077 repeater, because its trigger was so awful, is on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    John Darlington 766 was because he hadn't much cash after getting out of the Army and needed something to shoot that was cheap. (Interesting Army career in Ireland). Anyhow, as soon as he had some spare dosh and his articles started paying, then sponsorship, he never had to look back. He didn't switch rifles often and got to know each very well. A good shot and could pull off the long shots because he was familiar with his rifle combination and practiced often. He wasn't a collector and just kept those he used. He was quite happy with the small income his airgun journalism gave him and enjoyed country and shooting lifestyle on the South Downs. A bit of a splifhead and laid back guy; and he wasn't that impressed with the establishment and authorities. Just loved his shooting and hunting. How do I know? He was at a stag party of a friend and we had 48hrs completely out of our trollies... good party.

FWB Sports: light weight, twitchy, not very forgiving, but to me a joy to shoot. However, there are much easier rifles to shoot.

Most disappointed then the Crosman 1077 repeater, because its trigger was so awful, is on my short list.
    Yes liked John articles, and still find His book on hunting intresting and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I remember reading many of his excellent articles.

And, reading the above, he sounded to be a proper, cool dude. Respect!!

Such a huge shame that he's no longer with us.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!