Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: guns you got and was dissapointed with

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Cometa Indian - absolutely the worst trigger of any pistol I've tried to date including those made 70 years earlier from a bent spoon!
    yes heard they were a bit harsh .

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    no that was John Darling, I have tha article if you want a copy any time, love mine phase2
    Ah, yes.

Rod extolled the virtues of the Whaley / Marshall 761s, didn't he?

The ones he had a commercial interest in???

Can only agree with the above comments re the looks of the 766 / 2100. More robust build, a little more heft, larger diameter pump cylinder (for less pumps), improved trigger and easier disassembly would make it more alluring........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, yes.

Rod extolled the virtues of the Whaley / Marshall 761s, didn't he?

The ones he had a commercial interest in???

Can only agree with the above comments re the looks of the 766 / 2100. More robust build, a little more heft, larger diameter pump cylinder (for less pumps), improved trigger and easier disassembly would make it more alluring........
    Yes pm me your address if you fancy a copy of the article and will send it up to you, I was looking for a walnut stocked 766 a few years back but its the same gun has my plastic one so 9ts just eye candy.

Yes pm me your address if you fancy a copy of the article and will send it up to you, I was looking for a walnut stocked 766 a few years back but its the same gun has my plastic one so 9ts just eye candy.
    I guess the Airgun World was a bit smaller when Rod wrote his stories

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I guess the Airgun World was a bit smaller when Rod wrote his stories
    yes but there was some good stuff in it to and it lead to the airguns of today and to this forum did it not

yes but there was some good stuff in it to and it lead to the airguns of today and to this forum did it not
    Totally- I was a great fan-.. I met the guy, great salesman...

Totally- I was a great fan-.. I met the guy, great salesman...
    well He convinced me to get one took me nearly 30 years

well He convinced me to get one took me nearly 30 years
    Not a follower of fashion then? That I respect

Thanks for the input?

[
    through my rose tinted specs i thought mine was great at the time,(first recoiless rifle) now that you remind me I did modify it quite a bit including barrel fixing & trigger tuning, it accounted for plenty game with H&N match (headshots only at 30yds max)

I thought Rod Linton had said these 'ere plastic and snot Crosmans were good!!!! [/QUOTE]

Not a follower of fashion then? That I respect
    No, still have my old black sabbath and led zepplin t shirts, when I can get them back from my son bloody kids

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    [
    through my rose tinted specs i thought mine was great at the time,(first recoiless rifle) now that you remind me I did modify it quite a bit including barrel fixing & trigger tuning, it accounted for plenty game with H&N match (headshots only at 30yds max)

I thought Rod Linton had said these 'ere plastic and snot Crosmans were good!!!!
    [/QUOTE] yes its a good ambush gun has are all good pumpers. John Darling was a big fan of the 766 along with John Lloydd, yes Rod did liike them but the other two pushed it more.

hi guys
    well ill share this with you all..

a few months back i bought a umarex walther pps, (ABS frame and metal alloy slide) new from the shop, at first i thought it was a nice little pistol, it had a nice blowback, not very strong like the KWC 1911's, but was by no means weak, it also gave me a very high shot count per co2 capsule around 160..

BUT after 2 months of owning it and after shooting around 700 BB's in total it decided to break but in quite a bad way as your see from the pictures..

When i was shooting it at gun club, the slide decided to lock back before the mag run out of BB's, strange i thought, i had a closer look and noticed that the slide fully cracked both sides

I took it back to the shop the next day and they said they would replace it for a new one, i could of just had a duff pistol as i know other people who have owned these with no issue, but i was not willing to take that risk. so i said no thanks and put the extra money towards it and walked out with a totally different pistol, having this happen really put me off the walther pps. shame.

HAPPY SHOOTING ALL
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Hi Ged, thanks for the inputt, how did you improve the [power on the Statical please
    mine dose 9.5 with crossman domes

Hiya mate,
    It needs a decent Piston weight & A proper spring , This & 3 in 1 oil ? ( The original spring is from a " Biro " )

No, Not that 3 in 1 , Mine , A mix of Ptfe, Moly & Another , Does it diesel , Yes
    The lotion has to be wherever the piston touches, Ie in front of the piston too, It takes about 20 shots before settling down & Before the carrier oil is burnt off, Leaving an
    Ultra smooth base,

I know this is contrary to all the other Forum tuners so get my Flak suit on now , Ha ha, Expect an easy 11 Fpe, It is .22 of course
    ," Bunkered down now "

Cheers, Ged.

asl

Asi sniper, followed by an Asi commando they have to be two of the lowest powered .22 I've ever owned, good looking guns with solid wooden stocks and nicely finished but an empty pop bottle at 20 feet, no chance.