Thread: My Mini Review, (Umarex Morph 3x)

Thumbs up My Mini Review, (Umarex Morph 3x)

Hi guys :gg:

I thought would share my thoughts on the umarex morph 3x i had. I do tend to chatter on as bit so i will try not to go on to long. :lol:
    And sorry my pictures are not very good, my camera is broken so the flash has to stay on.

A while ago i went to surplusstore in crawley to test and buy the umarex morph 3x, when we got their i asked the shop owner dan to get the morph so i could give it a good look over, i asked him about the power adjustment screw that the morph has, as i heard the UK and canadian versions dont have them, he could not tell me if they did or not, so we tried to remove/fold down the adjustment screw flap but it would not, it seemed glued or something.

So we looked in the manual and it said nothing about a power adjustment screw like the USA manuals do.. So we thought the rumours must be true, we tested it over on the chrony in rifle mode and it come up as 440 FPS which meant it was also set in low power mode. I was not happy and nearly never brought it, i offered him £100 to test the waters he said no but let me buy it for £105 instead of £135 which i thought was very nice of him.. (bonus)

Anyway i took it home tested it out and it was fun thats for sure, build quality seems good as well for a plastic gun, it felt nice and solid and by no means cheap plastic like some other all plastic! airguns do.

Even in rifle mode when you put all 4 bits together it feels like one solid unit and i think if you did not know it was 4 pieces you would not be able to tell very easily, the 12'' barrel looks and feels like some kind of light weight metal and the tip is plastic, i was chuffed about the barrel because i thought that it was going to be plastic too, some reviews say it is, so not sure on that one but mine feels metal its cold like metal and sounds like metal when tapping it, and is clearly different material to the plastic tip.

The stock butt is also solid rubber which feels quite nice, having that plastic would heave felt a bit cheap. Heres some pictures on the morph.

The firing accuracy from 20ft was quite good, just as good as a dan wesson 8'' revolver, but the fiber optics sights seem to be making it fire a bit low, but thats not an issue it was easy to compensate, i was getting around 1.5'' grouping with it, and even on low power mode it was powerful enough, and i was getting around 100+ 110+ shots per co2 capsule, the trigger pull is creaky and stiff, in fact one of the stiffest triggers i have felt, but dont feel horrible.

Im starting to ramble on a bit so ill try cutting it short now. :lol:

But the back of my mind i was thinking im not happy knowing its set to low power, so i thought i am going to bite the bullet and pull the hammer flap off and see if the adjustment screw is there or not.
    So i got a plastic ruler and started to prise off the rubber flap, all of a sudden it went pop and the flap opened woohoo, it was not glued on after all it was just a crazy tight fit on the bung.
    Behind the bung was the power adjustment screw, so i downloaded the USA manual and checked and saw it was in low power mode.

I adjusted it to full power mode and did a power test, i was VERY pleased with the results it was much more powerful and a lot louder as well, on low power mode it just about went through a steel dog food can, but on full power mode it went through a steel dog food can with and smaller much stronger sweetcorn steel can inside it, through them no problem at 20ft so i am super chuffed.

I no longer have this in my collection because i sold it to buy a rifle, but For a fun pistol/rifle i would recommend this.

Sorry for the long post guys, thank you for reading it, and i hope it helps people who are thinking about buying one, if you have any questions please just ask, and as always all comments are welcome.

All the Best, Marc..

HAPPY SHOOTING ALL
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

How many shots per capsule on full power? Did it drastically reduce? Thanks
    Items bought on airgunbbs: 5
    Items sold on airgunbbs: 5

On full power it would give around 65 hard hitting shots and on low power around 120.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..