Thread: HW 55 CM valuation

HW 55 CM valuation

Anyone able to give me a ballpark valuation on a HW 55 CM target rifle, it is in good condition, no rust, blueing good with some marks, as has the (I think) walnut stock.
    The fore and rear sight are fitted and work well and it has a new set of plastic elements to go with the one very small metal original.
    I have seen a Walther LGR for sale local to me, and it was love at first sight, but SHMBO says one in, one out and the cabinet is full anyway

Aaah an LGR Very nice. As to your HW55CM - I would say £350 to £400 - get some pictures up to get the buying juices going

Thanks for that Mark, that's more than I expected, I might be able to get the LGR.
    Any one else want to chip in?

You may get a better response on the 'Collectables' forum. Lots of Weihrauch enthusiasts over there

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You may get a better response on the 'Collectables' forum. Lots of Weihrauch enthusiasts over there
    Thanks again Mark, I have done as you suggested.

Nice ones have sold in the last year or two for around the £250 mark, assuming complete with correct diopter etc. £350-400 sounds a little high IMO, even allowing for the general increase in Match gun values over the last 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Nice ones have sold in the last year or two for around the £250 mark, assuming complete with correct diopter etc. £350-400 sounds a little high IMO, even allowing for the general increase in Match gun values over the last 3-5 years.
    agreed , £350 - £ 400 for the more desirable ( due to the awesome Tyrolean stock) 55T, but £250 for the model you have. Good luck with sale.

Thank you for your replies gents.

Any version of the 55 is a damn fine rifle, so dont think you should have any problem selling her, enjoy the the LGR allso something special.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Any version of the 55 is a damn fine rifle, so dont think you should have any problem selling her, enjoy the the LGR allso something special.
    Thanks to all for your help and comments.
    I did not buy the LGR as I believe the dealer thought the 55 to old for a trade in.
    I will put it back in the cabinet and might put up a sales after Christmass.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Anyone able to give me a ballpark valuation on a HW 55 CM target rifle, it is in good condition, no rust, blueing good with some marks, as has the (I think) walnut stock.
    The fore and rear sight are fitted and work well and it has a new set of plastic elements to go with the one very small metal original.
    I have seen a Walther LGR for sale local to me, and it was love at first sight, but SHMBO says one in, one out and the cabinet is full anyway
    A nice HW 55 Custom Match must be worth £250 and perhaps a bit more as it is the best looking of the 55 Series (IMHO of course) and one of the most attractive air rifle ever made. Although the rifle cylinder is quite small the rifle can be tuned from 5.5 ft lbs up to near the 9 ft lb mark
    When I bought mine it was putting out around the 9 ft lbs but I have fitted a much weaker spring to bring it down to just less than 6 ft lbs for bell target shooting
    Link to nice pic and article of a very desirable break barrel airgun.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...-match-part-1/

The FWB124 and a HW55CM are my favourite B/Barrel airguns
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 19-12-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    hold me back !!

Thanks for your thoughts and the link, it makes interesting reading.