Thread: BSA Mercury s .177 for sale.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Mercury s .177 for sale.

I have put my bsa .177 cal mercury s in the for sale section.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....81#post6540381

JJJJJJ

Last edited by T 20; 02-12-2014 at 04:51 PM.

It's a nice stock,good golour and figuring. - Shame it's not an airsporter ...
    Musketeer, Tin-Horseman and Axeman extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    It's a nice stock,good golour and figuring. - Shame it's not an airsporter ...
    Thank God its not an Airsporter , Mercs are better
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Thank God its not an Airsporter , Mercs are better
    Hi, In what way specifically are Mercury's better than the Airsporter. I'm interested because I still own a Mercury S .177 that's like new. I bought this with my birthday money a few years ago. Jazzeh

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzeh View Post
    Hi, In what way specifically are Mercury's better than the Airsporter. I'm interested because I still own a Mercury S .177 that's like new. I bought this with my birthday money a few years ago. Jazzeh
    Hi, Many folk consider them better (Mk3's /'S" / any later type with jaw bolt) against an Airsporter of a similar vintage mainly because the taps on these later Airsporters can vary in quality and performance, also the Merc is a better balanced more point-able gun to many, and also they normally shoot a little harder.

So against say an Airsporter S, you have a similar gun with similar sights etc. that normally shoots a bit better and will not have potential problems.

Many MK 3-7 Airsporters shoot fine and are trouble free, but also many can be nightmares with the tap design, so buying one can often be a lottery unfortunately as they get older with time.

That's just what I have personally found over the years, I would always buy a later Merc over an Airsporter myself....If you have a tidy S then hang onto it as most folk regret selling them!

P.S. The chambers green plastic top hat / guide and spring tune kit works very well in Mercs if yours is tired.

ATB, Ed

(probably will get flak for this)

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

as with mike and edd i fo find the merc a better gun ;but for looks/character my mk2 sporter wins hands down ,from my youth the airsporter was the legend we all hankered after and has a place on the wall alongside my 124s and thats a special place
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,