Thread: Rohm regulator

Rohm regulator

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Found 2 off these in the back of the cupboard while sorting through my shooting gear and wonder if any of you gents can tell me what pistol they are off

They are stamped with Rohm 890980 02074
    and Rohm 890980 02377

Also is their an easy way or anyone that can check to see if they are in good working order and is it worth getting them checked in relation to their value afterwards

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Steyr LG 110 ft - Nightforce nxs compact
    Air Arms S410 Classic in GT Custom Stock - EB Sniper 10 x 42

Probably from one of their PCP pistols, all use the same regulator. They can be tested. When I last enquired they were about £35.00 each.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

on the Rohm Pistols there's at least two variants of the regulator, the earlier type has an O Ring on the shaft that goes into the Air Cylinder. The thread system on the cylinder side is different too, they are not interchangeable without a corresponding change in cylinder (either reg fits the pistol as the fitting on the gun side didn't change). I think that the change happened two or three years ago. I'd guess that making a test rig to check their function would reqire an female to female adapter threaded 1/8"BSP/12mm x1, and a charged rohm cylinder and a Divers bottle. I wouldn't estimate their value at being too much, but they are not generally available new although Surrey Guns has them in stock at a reasonable price.

HTH, Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    on the Rohm Pistols there's at least two variants of the regulator, the earlier type has an O Ring on the shaft that goes into the Air Cylinder. The thread system on the cylinder side is different too, they are not interchangeable without a corresponding change in cylinder (either reg fits the pistol as the fitting on the gun side didn't change). I think that the change happened two or three years ago. I'd guess that making a test rig to check their function would reqire an female to female adapter threaded 1/8"BSP/12mm x1, and a charged rohm cylinder and a Divers bottle. I wouldn't estimate their value at being too much, but they are not generally available new although Surrey Guns has them in stock at a reasonable price.

HTH, Vic Thompson.
    Hi Vic

These look like they are the older type as they both have a green o ring on the shaft

Will see if i can get them checked to see if they work ok and then see if anyone can use them as i dont shoot pistols any more

Thanks for the feedback guys

Much appreciated

Grant
    Steyr LG 110 ft - Nightforce nxs compact
    Air Arms S410 Classic in GT Custom Stock - EB Sniper 10 x 42