Thread: Which non fac air rifle and.. where can you shoot say 50 yrds plus in the midlands ?

Which non fac air rifle and.. where can you shoot say 50 yrds plus in the midlands ?

Hi - I am looking at buying a quality .177 air rifle and think ( subject to trying them out) a 97 k or 97 kt. TX200 not totally ruled out - that old chestnut of a problem

When I think about want I want to do - it is 50 yrd and over target shooting that comes to mind. Does anyone know where the nearest club I can do that? (Including winter time)

Many thanks in advance - Bob

What, which, where.

I would be buying .177 caliber.
    It would be German.
    Clubs ?
    Out doors for me, no wind, no rain and no other disturbances.

club wise theres the greyhound in coventry, if you visit your most likely get the opportunity to try out a few rifles and manufactures giving you a better idea of what fits your needs,

Clubs

Apparently Bolton has got a great indoor range out to 55 yards! Personally I have to sit in a windy quarry if I want to shoot further than my 20m back garden :-(
    Just bought a TX200 for a spot of old fashioned distance shooting. PCPs are amazing bits of kit, but I just fancied something with a bit of oomph.

The plinking range at furnace mill goes out to 55yds with some interesting and challenging targets. Covered shooting positions and beautiful setting. As for guns, air arms prosport (pricey but beautiful and accurate) mk1 hw77, mk1 hw80(both accurate and teach you all you ever need to know about spring rifle shooting, walther lgu....amazing(and gets better) , hope this helps with food for thought. Ps furnace mill open 7days a week.

Greyhound Coventry 8 yards to 6o plus

Hi the greyhound coventry have targets 8 yards to 60 plus. Out door but there is one section under cover , that you can shoot that distance. I have an ev2 and shot an 86 yarder in a comp out doors with the wind drifting. 177 of course . Best wishes