Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
I have two MPTs. My first one, (coincidentally built 3 days after my son was born in Nov 1993), is the MPT mk 2, where the bolt cocks the hammer as well. I got it FACed a number of years ago by John Bowkett and it's brilliant for my 35 acre squirrel wood. A fully dedicated squirrel gun running around 18ft lb. Close to a 177 (12ft lb)trajectory with a 22 pellet.

I also bought another MPT for my lad when he was a youngster and got it fettled by John again and regulated as my lad wanted to try HFT. However, as the regulator takes up a significant proportion of the small air cylinder, the shot count isn't huge. IIRC, John said fill it to 240 bar and it's then good for over 40 shots. But it hasn't been used for 4 or 5 years.

Would I get it done again? - don't know. The 'self regulating' valve already works so well, the improvement isn't huge!

Hope this helps.....

The problem for the airgun industry is that Titan users never buy another airgun. They are that good and reliable and with JB able to service them, what else is there to want...
Here here, The last line says it all !