Thread: benjamin co2 pistol .Help please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

benjamin co2 pistol .Help please

Hi all, ive got a Benjamin .20 co2 pistol with a problem.Everytime I load a co2 bulb in the gun and screw down the plug , the gun lets all of the pressure from the bulb go before I can even get a single pellet loaded. Ive taken it to bits but cannot see anything wrong with it. I gave up with it about 7 months ago, but I really would like to start using it again. Any ideas ? Thanks

You obviously have a knackered seal or valve, this is not uncommon. As there are several versions of this pistol, with different valve units it is not possible to be more specific on here. You will have to have it looked at by a repair man.
    Shame you do not live near me, but most decent gunshops will have a qualified repair person on their books, so try your nearest dealer.
    Pete.

Thanks Pete, im not sure if bits are readily available for the pistol. I only put half a tin of pellets before this happened ! Will try my local gunshop.

Pete, do you think a drop of pellgun oil would help? Occasionally have same issue with my Walther Cp99.

Dan
    Walther Cp99. Diana sp50
    Weihrauch HW40 Webley Tempest
    Hawk mkIII

Quote Originally Posted by pushycheese View Post
    Pete, do you think a drop of pellgun oil would help? Occasionally have same issue with my Walther Cp99.

Dan
    Your cp99 is a different beast to the Benjamin. If you have the problem intermittently then a drop of pellgun oil will help. But usually if the gas escapes rapidly when the bulb is pierced then you have a major seal failure.

To anyone with a co2 gun that leaks slowly after piercing, just keep cocking and firing,cocking and firing and the leak will usually stop. Slow leaks can be caused by dry seals or by metal debris from the pierced bulb depositing themselves on the valve seat. Repeat firing ( without pellets) ,will usually dislodge the offending particle.
    Pete.

Pete,

I've never owned or worked on one of these little beauties. Will the valve design be similar to the Crosman 2240 type? If so, very few components involved and very easy to work on, at a guess??
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!