Thread: Where do you get 10m air rifle equipment nowadays?

Where do you get 10m air rifle equipment nowadays?

It seems like there's not so many gunshops focused on 10m air rifle shooting,
    I'm aware that the forum has a for sale section.
    I also know of Egun, gunstar, guntrader, Intershoot and Euroshooting, are there any other shops I've missed? - particularly with secondhand sections and in the South Yorkshire area?

Thankyou
    Jonathan

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    NSRA shop at Bisley

Bedford Target Supplies
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

There is City Air Weapons, i think there Birmingham somewhere.

That gives me a few more to try,
    Thankyou

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grainger View Post
    That gives me a few more to try,
    Thankyou
    What are you looking for,a lot of stuff comes up for sale on club notice boards,be happy to keep an eye out,as would other people
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

I'm looking for an old SSP 10m air rifle, preferably left handed or right handed and not in perfect condition so I can modify the stock without feeling bad.
    In terms of cheap, from working to not working.. I could purchase sights or replace a broken stock, even replace a broken cocking link on an fwb600.
    Basically wanting to upgrade from a Diana 75.

Thankyou
    Jonathan

Let me ask something, what is your average score with Diana 75? Because personally I think that you won't see any difference. Best shooter in my 7yds shooting club is using that rifle. I had it for some time as well, before was FWB300, and later LGR, RN10 and now FWB600. And you know what? I haven't noticed any difference on my scoring despite using different rifles. Egun in my opinion is a good place to buy match rifles, they are all German made anyway, so best second hand market there.
    Current project: Haenel 311

Quote Originally Posted by BJ knome View Post
    There is City Air Weapons, i think there Birmingham somewhere.
    City Air Weapons is in Solihull and i can highly recommend them, very well stocked with new 10m rifles and pistols and always a good selection of guaranteed second hand 10m stuff as well, the owner is a very knowledgeable fella too, only open on thu/fri/sat these days

After a time not shooting 10m and wearing clothes I can go to the pub in, first week back, 39-42.
    I've had two Diana 75s I sold one which I could shoot better thinking I was just not used to a genuine left handed stock and action.. The better one was right handed in a factory made conversion stock.. More recently I discovered my lower scores with my remaining 75 probably have something to do with some quality control issues.
    I've done some work to it but there is still one issue.
    I'm moving to a better gun regardless and an SSP seems to make the most sense as a self contained choice..
    Probably be a Walther LGR.

Jonathan

Target Rifles

Just picked up on this thread so I may already be too late and have unwanted knowledge. Firstly some of the older guns now have spares problems, this applies across the board with some guns being more of a problem than others; although at the moment things aren't too bad with the more popular makes; LGR's are fine but there can be problems if the piston head seal 'goes'; I am currently one of several people working on suitable replacement ideas and I seem to have something that is working but early days as yet. In the FWB 600 range the 600 doesn't have a cocking lever safety system but is totally fine if you respect that; the 601 has a safety system as does the 602/603, these models are on-going upgrades of a very good gun you have to really try them to find which one you like. One gun that seems to slip through the net is the Walther 90 SSP which has an ambidextrous stock, cocking system is a bit awkward until you get used to it, but a super gun non the less; also there are some follow - on variants of which I am a bit unsure about but someone on the forum will know I'm sure. Hope this may help more than confuse. Regards abellringer