Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsporter S good and bad ?

Nice looking guns ed. I wonder why they didn't stick with the adjustable breech when they built the supersport and lightning. It couldn't have been that expensive to do. That would've got rid of one of the main problems with the things.
    Rust never sleeps !

Hi El Garo, I have messed quite a lot with my mk1 .177 "S" and it now shoots in the high 11's with superdomes. The spring in it is a titan no.1 with loads of preload but it is nice to shoot. What I did discover was that if the pellet was low down in the tap it knocked ft lbs of the muzzle energy. That's why the domes give the highest power as they have a large diameter skirt which holds them high in the tap. However, it doesn't group very well, giving its best with hobbies which are only slightly less m.e. than the s'domes. I am not sure if the spring is the cause being too strong and may one day fit a std airsporter spring. One definite disadvantage in achieving accuracy is the trigger. Not such a problem with open sights but add a scope and the short comings become more obvious IMO.

I have a mk2 .22 s which refused to go over 10 ftlbs, I am currently waiting for a new custom loading tap with o rings fitted which will hopefully improve efficiency.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Having always wanted an Airsporter and having go a mk 6 wished I had not bothered and as far as I can see the Mercurys not much better either ,No wonder the Germans just cornered the market with the rubbish that the british air rifle industry was turning out rifles made to cost same as the car industry cost cutting every where even the Russian air rifles where better
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Airsporter S

I had a new .177 one years ago and it wasn't particularly powerful or accurate...traded it in on a new Hw 35 if my memory serves me right..
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin