Thread: Anschutz 2001

Anschutz 2001

Has anyone worked on the above 10m ssp.

I just acquired one that won't pressurise and I'm hoping it's the piston seals.

Before I launch into disassembly is there anything I need to know or anything else it's likely to be?

Cheers

anschutz

hi up steve, wonky donky mite b the man. atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    hi up steve, wonky donky mite b the man. atb mick
    Cheers mick

Maybe WD will be along soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Has anyone worked on the above 10m ssp.

I just acquired one that won't pressurise and I'm hoping it's the piston seals.

Before I launch into disassembly is there anything I need to know or anything else it's likely to be?

Cheers
    It could be the compression seal as you say, the "O" ring between the chamber & the valve or the valve itself could also be the problem.

Don't try to pull the piston out by removing the cocking lever unless you want to replace the piston guide rings. The two screws in the side plate are specials & loctited in......Remove the compression seal by removing the breech & trigger area.........much easier!

The side plate will need removing & will only go back one way, this can be lined up using the arrows stamped on the cogs. I would replace all the seals irrespective of their appearence, you are going to be shocked by the lack of availability of spares & even more shocked at the prices.

The valve is unavailable as a single item, you will probably have to purchase it as a complete unit with transfer port & spring, cheapest I've seen is 105euro for this alone. Compression seal getting on for 40 quid iirc? then there's the transfer port seal & breech seal.

I ordered some 2001 service parts yesterday, last lot I ordered end of last year took 4 months to arrive & even then the compression seal was out of stock & still not arrived. The factory has NEVER replied to my emails. Ruag being importers have zero stock.

I do have some spares & the "O" ring between the chamber & valve is a standard metric 70 hardness. If you decide to remove the compression seal let me know, I will tell you how to easily remove it, once it's out it will be scrap.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    It could be the compression seal as you say, the "O" ring between the chamber & the valve or the valve itself could also be the problem.

Don't try to pull the piston out by removing the cocking lever unless you want to replace the piston guide rings. The two screws in the side plate are specials & loctited in......Remove the compression seal by removing the breech & trigger area.........much easier!

The side plate will need removing & will only go back one way, this can be lined up using the arrows stamped on the cogs. I would replace all the seals irrespective of their appearence, you are going to be shocked by the lack of availability of spares & even more shocked at the prices.

The valve is unavailable as a single item, you will probably have to purchase it as a complete unit with transfer port & spring, cheapest I've seen is 105euro for this alone. Compression seal getting on for 40 quid iirc? then there's the transfer port seal & breech seal.

I ordered some 2001 service parts yesterday, last lot I ordered end of last year took 4 months to arrive & even then the compression seal was out of stock & still not arrived. The factory has NEVER replied to my emails. Ruag being importers have zero stock.

I do have some spares & the "O" ring between the chamber & valve is a standard metric 70 hardness. If you decide to remove the compression seal let me know, I will tell you how to easily remove it, once it's out it will be scrap.

Many thanks for the reply WD

I was hoping it would be just the compression seal I'd need to replace, I need to get it out to inspect and try to identify the problem

When operating the side lever there's no air coming to the breech or around the body that I can feel so I assume it's just getting past the seal.

Didn't realise that getting spares would be a chore. Oh dear.

What's the best way to confirm it's the compression seal -visually?

Thanks again

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Many thanks for the reply WD

I was hoping it would be just the compression seal I'd need to replace, I need to get it out to inspect and try to identify the problem

When operating the side lever there's no air coming to the breech or around the body that I can feel so I assume it's just getting past the seal.

Didn't realise that getting spares would be a chore. Oh dear.

What's the best way to confirm it's the compression seal -visually?

Thanks again

Steve
    Steve, I'm assuming you have checked the trigger is working etc & the hammer is being drawn backwards not leaving the firing valve open?

If there was any kind of air flow restriction you would probably feel a vacuum build up.

Put your thumb over the transfer port prior to closing the cocking lever, if you can feel air coming out it's the valve, if not inspect the tightness of the breech area, if okay remove it & inspect the "O" ring.

A worn compression seal may have burn marks in the head but not always, it's unlikely you will see any other problems even if the seal is faulty except for damage. Tiny reduction in o/d will not be detectable by eye which is the most common cause of failure.

Describing & trying to diagnose fault areas is always a problem, if you need more information feel free to email me I can respond much quicker & will probably be able to provide images rather than try to post them online & then add links.

Could be all manner of things 2001?.

Those compression 1mm cross section are c..p broke em just parting the valve from front block, use Viton 10x1 got loads.

How many valves, springs and guides you want Dave
    I'll drop em round with the Fen and Steyr stuff next week.
    Did mention it two years ago when Ruag took over distribution, parts will be a problem and supplied them a list to keep in stock but they are at the beck and call of when Anchutz feel like picking a part off the shelf and slapping on the monthly pallet. 4 months not uncommon after they sacked the only person on the ball, same applies to other manufacturers better off buying from a German shop that has clout.

If it is the 8001, 8002 or 9003 they are pretty bombproof used one rain, sleet or shine for 8 1/2 years untouched, not even power tweak or an o ring any where.

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post

Those compression 1mm cross section are c..p broke em just parting the valve from front block, use Viton 10x1 got loads.

Did mention it two years ago when Ruag took over distribution, parts will be a problem and supplied them a list to keep in stock but they are at the beck and call of when Anchutz feel like picking a part off the shelf and slapping on the monthly pallet. 4 months not uncommon after they sacked the only person on the ball, same applies to other manufacturers better off buying from a German shop that has clout.

If it is the 8001, 8002 or 9003 they are pretty bombproof used one rain, sleet or shine for 8 1/2 years untouched, not even power tweak or an o ring any where.
    Jon unless you specifically ordered parts for the 2001 ssp your 2002 parts won't fit. The 10x1 valve seal is about the only common part.........don't forget the 2001 is not pre-charged. the later 2002 side lever SSP has common parts with the PCP version.

I'll take what you have any way i have a 2002 here waiting for a new regulator, the shut off piston leaks so builds pressure & locks the valve.........BTW it's not the piston with the "O" ring around the O/D, it's that little tiny one.....bet you don't have one of those?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post

talking of power tweek john yes the red and blue gun is at 12ft probably opened your eyes a bit at its accuracy no doubt.. the regs used now are not the same as in the 1990s a lot changed since you was some times there

Wonky donkey

Just felt that I had to post a word of sincere thanks to Dave (wonky donkey) for the help he has generously provided to me in restoring the anschutz.

A true gentleman and a credit to this forum.

Thanks Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post

Wonky Donkey,
    Are you still out there? I have a 2001 that I made a new nylon air valve seal for. Am fairly confident it will work but am having a hard time getting the side plate lined up again. I can see the arrows on the gear and rack but it doesn't seem there is any way they can be aligned. Would also like to get O rings and piston buffer. Many thanks. Brian