Thread: Diana 430 Stutzen.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?

Diana 430 Stutzen.

I've recently acquired Diana 430 Stutzen air rifle .22, I just took a fancy to the sleek Stutzen design and was pleasantly surprised with the way it shoots, relatively little recoil and no twang.
    The TO6 trigger is extremely good, almost on a par with the superb Weihrauch rekord unit.
    I also like the fact that it had a resettable safety catch (but why did they make it out of plastic)
    So far I've only used it with open sights and the accuracy is outstanding even offhand shooting owing to the low recoil, I intend to get it scoped up shortly and expect to get even better results.
    On the down side if you are a bit on the puny side or a youngster the underlever cocking action is the heaviest I have ever experienced on an underlever rifle and this model may not be the one for you, it certainly isn't as smooth as the Weihrauch HW97 for example.
    I also found the anti-bear trap lever quite fiddly, again not an issue with Weihrauch underlevers.
    In summary this is a great rifle, super accurate and great looking unfortunately the stiffness of the action let it down somewhat, hopefully after a few hundred pellets it will break in and become a better mannered rifle.
    As you may have realised I'm a bit of a Weihrauch fan and while this is a good rifle it isn't a Weihrauch!!
    Cptman.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

stutzen keeper

My 430 stutzen is definitely a keeper. Beautiful oak leaf chequering on walnut stock.very high standard of overall finish and a smooth, low recoil action. She does require a bit of effort to cock as the gun is effectively a carbine, so the cocking action is relatively short. Only used about 200 pellets so far,half inch groups at 25 yards.( and improving).AA Diablo fields. At the moment still treating it with kid gloves, such a nice looking piece of kit.

I have the earlier 46 Stutzen in .177 and love it to bits, enjoy.

Hi

I had a Diana 280K it was not lubricated properly I had it tuned and it was different gun (Sandwell tune) might be worth a go and make it even better

Had same issue it was new but graunched a bit and was hard to cock. After tune easy to cock, just as powerful and more accurate

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    Now scoped up, now double accurate!
    Still need steroids to cock it.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    [...] The TO6 trigger is extremely good, almost on a par with the superb Weihrauch rekord unit.
    I also like the fact that it had a resettable safety catch (but why did they make it out of plastic) [...]
    I thought the same - but I was assured by one of our BBS Dianaistas that the T06 safety switch is actually metal.

I have a 46 .177 and 430 .22.
    Both Stutzen.
    Both bought from Bisley traders as new or even new in box.
    Both bought as pretty and cheap.

The 46 seems better quality but I prefer shooting the 430.
    Better trigger and less snappy.

Neither scoped and both special occasion guns.
    I suspect they take a fair amount of running in.

Not an everyday tool like a 77/97 but great to own.