Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you needed to reduce your collection...

Red face

I'd sell the wife and kids first!!

Actually It looks like I may have to pack in work soon so I think I will be selling most of my guns just to keep a roof over our heads!!

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

No problem,keep all my Weihrauchs and go and play cricket with my Airsporter, No its not that bad just fitted a new piston head ,seal,and spring a lot better,and I hate cricket even more
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

[QUOTE=DCL_dave;6549135]+1 for the Mk2 Phoenix, amazing gun and a future collectable I'll wager.[/QU

you right there i was thinking the same thing ,

REDUCE THE COLLECTION?????

Perish the thought!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My '61'? Webley Mk3. Got guns that are more powerful, but the sheer quality engineered feel of it. My Mk4 Airsporter is more powerful, & handles better, but...
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    REDUCE THE COLLECTION?????

Perish the thought!!

I certainly couldn't get down to one, ten maybe.

In reducing my collection I would start by getting rid of all apart from my Webley mk3's of which I have fourteen and then I would have to decide which one to keep. Almost certainly it would be the very first one bought when I was a lad as my first 'serious air rifle, second hand in 1960 for £9, if only for sheer emotional attachment. It is an early series 3 with ribbed stock and fitted with a PH16M aperture sight but it would be a difficult call!

my heart says my 1913 improved model D that i've used since childhood, ridden all over the midlands on my pushbike with it rolled in a blanket and tied to my crossbar as a kid and recently liberated to France where my club think i'm mental for using such an antique (i still beat 'em). My head says my FWB300s, recently acquired, just as much soul as the D and way more accurate.

aaaaargh, decisions

Andy

which gun?

That was always an easy question until recently.My immaculate Stutzen taploader was the answer
    but I've recently purchased a HW 30S with dioptre,a great backgarden gun.After 15-20 shots with
    the Stutzen I need someone else to load it!
    atb Glyn

My TX200 .177 a cracking springer

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

well in the first instance a suitably qualified councillor to help me through the process,after several weeks of hypnosis and various shock treatements
    i may be ready[similar to that in clockwork orange] i will have convinced everyone that i was ok ,but secretly planning where the collection would be moved to.the bottom line is that as with lots of bbs mems who have dispatched their pride and joys; only to feel the pangs of loss
    then start the search and the cycle starts again. never again for me ,mine will most likely be buried with me as with the Egyptians i will need them in the afterlife where the pellet tin never emptys and we can score a perfect 50 every time with iron sights
    "oh apologys i seem to have gone off subject" wonder why.and if there were a god of airguns would he most likely be called fienwerkbau !!
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,