Thread: 1955/57, BSA Cadet Major question and value please

1955/57, BSA Cadet Major question and value please

Hi guys,

I have a 1955/57, BSA Cadet Major that I am thinking of selling, the serial number is CC129 50. My question is, can the age of the rifle be pinned down to closer than 1955/57 through the serial number. Can anyone provide me with an approximate value.
    The gun is in excellent condition with near mint woodwork, there's no rust or pitting to the metal parts, The gun may have been refinished in the past, but if it was it was a long time ago as I have owned it for 30 plus years (unused for 25 years). The finish is wearing thin along the tube through use/cleaning, the lightly etched BSA logo is long gone.

Les

Here are a couple of pics.

Les, Its a difficult one to put a value on .Probably worth what anyone is willing to pay. I have one , although not quite as nice as yours which I paid £35 for. It shoots quite well and is presentable.Mine is a Major and carries serial number CA88523.
    Regards, Simon

My two Cadet Majors look to be in similar condition to yours, with etching not now visible and I bought them 6-7 years ago. I paid £65 for one in 2007 and £60 for other in 2008, so now I think yours must be worth £70-80. If bluing was better and etching visible then a further £15 could be added.
    I am not able to date them any more accurately than you (from Dennis Hiller's book presumably).
    Hope this helps.
    Aubrey

Im with ac99 on that one. £75 would be a fair price.

protek on the south coast have a few pictured on their website in various conditions and priced accordingly.

Very nice, I gave £60.00 for one earlier in the year.

Thanks for the replies and info guys, I'll give it some thought.

Les