Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Mercury S .177

BSA Mercury S .177

Hi, ive had my 1980's Bsa Mercury S .177 for some years now and its hardly been used tbh, im keen on getting it serviced/tuned.
    I guess im hoping to find an airgunsmith in the south who comes recommended. Any of you guy's know an engineer i can get hold of please? Much appreciated, thanks. Jazzeh

Quote Originally Posted by jazzeh View Post
    Hi, ive had my 1980's Bsa Mercury S .177 for some years now and its hardly been used tbh, im keen on getting it serviced/tuned.
    I guess im hoping to find an airgunsmith in the south who comes recommended. Any of you guy's know an engineer i can get hold of please? Much appreciated, thanks. Jazzeh
    All my springers are worked on by Will Gereke aka Welsh Willi at Woodfeild GCP , tel 01792-540179

Ah ok mate.i will take note of his no. I was hoping to find someone more my end of the land to save on all the worries in posting.
    thankyou anyway. Jazz

mercury

have you tried the gun shop in the pantiles Tunbridge wells.

Re. Pantiles gun shop. Actually no I haven't. Would you recommend them please? Are they competent? Thanks for your reply. Jazzeh

pantiles gun shop

I had a Webly service repaired by them,it was a bit slow in being done,but OK,they are mainly a shotgun dealers, airgun repairs are not done on site so getting a price takes a while.

they are the easiest of guns to service yourself,t robb who is not that far from you has all you would need,his shop also sells tuning parts and his site has a lot of mercury info,all the best

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    they are the easiest of guns to service yourself,t robb who is not that far from you has all you would need,his shop also sells tuning parts and his site has a lot of mercury info,all the best
    Oh nice one! Thanks, will give it some thought. Jazzeh

merccury tune

Oh nice one! Thanks, will give it some thought. Jazzeh
    or you could give him a ring & get him to service it for you his no is 01268 752888 his shop is in south benfleet website trrobb.com

Tuning

Welsh willy just tuned my Mercury challenger shoots really nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    Welsh willy just tuned my Mercury challenger shoots really nicely
    agree, saw the gun and how it performed on test at Wills, now yet another Bsa I fancy- one day

I agree posting is an issue I sent mine Parcel force 48 hours to Welsh Willy , I know they dont like PCP as they are a pressurized container. I have in past gone to post office declared sending a air rifle and had staff shout out " man here trying to send a gun (bit embarrassing) they still accepted just let every one in post office know I own a air rifle so know when asked what you sending usually its fishing tackle /rods or a umbrella stand !!
    Another way is to send from yiour local gun shop (you would have to pay a 15 pound or so charge in addition to postage and get tuner to post back parcel force which is ok for them to do.

I can recommend Will heres my Mercury tuned

Heres my first 10-11 yard group after zero should get better as gun and user get run in !!, quite happy with it though good for a older springer

Ive had a couple of springers tuned by various companies and they were all improved no end. Mike Upton at Airgun tune , Dorset used to do springers , not sure if he dose now , he was good and Sandwell field sports did a tune on a Diana 280 K i had transformed the rifle so I would happily recommend the three mentioned

Nice one guy's. I will give it lots of thought. Thanks so much, I'm really getting to like being here

Nice one guy's. I will give it lots of thought. Thanks so much, I'm really getting to like being here
    Your most wellcome

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    I agree posting is an issue I sent mine Parcel force 48 hours to Welsh Willy , I know they dont like PCP as they are a pressurized container. I have in past gone to post office declared sending a air rifle and had staff shout out " man here trying to send a gun (bit embarrassing) they still accepted just let every one in post office know I own a air rifle so know when asked what you sending usually its fishing tackle /rods or a umbrella stand !!
    Another way is to send from yiour local gun shop (you would have to pay a 15 pound or so charge in addition to postage and get tuner to post back parcel force which is ok for them to do.

I can recommend Will heres my Mercury tuned

Heres my first 10-11 yard group after zero should get better as gun and user get run in !!, quite happy with it though good for a older springer

Ive had a couple of springers tuned by various companies and they were all improved no end. Mike Upton at Airgun tune , Dorset used to do springers , not sure if he dose now , he was good and Sandwell field sports did a tune on a Diana 280 K i had transformed the rifle so I would happily recommend the three mentioned
    i can see that you really do want the best out of your guns but could you give a ball park figure of how much it all costs inc tune,post and transfers etc?,i'm interested as i would be hesitant on spending more on a rifle than its might be worth,maybe an upgrade to a newer/improved model would be an option,all the best