Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black majour by Milbro

black majour by Milbro

Just a wonder, how many of these were made and how many still exist never seen one in the flesh. Has a kid was taken with the paramilitry look( hey I lovded ,my Jackal Parabelum)

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi major was a derivative of the couger made from 81 to 82,bearing in mind its short run not to many manufactured thing there was another variant from memory [barnet hellfire].
    they do come up from time to time and are appreciating worth buying for nostalgia and rarity value.
    Last edited by red bob; 12-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi major was a derivative of the couger made from 81 to 82,bearing in mind its short run not to many manufactured thing there was another variant from memory [barnet hellfire].
    they do come up from time to time and are appreciating worth buying for nostalgia and rarity value.
    Thanks for the inputt, yes know its a derative of the Cougar.

I had one and sold it 18years ago. Had a much more solid skeleton stock than the wire one on the cougar. It also had fibre optic sights that were useable unlike the cougar when used with the stock. Otherwise apart from all black same pistol. Another gun I should have kept!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I had one and sold it 18years ago. Had a much more solid skeleton stock than the wire one on the cougar. It also had fibre optic sights that were useable unlike the cougar when used with the stock. Otherwise apart from all black same pistol. Another gun I should have kept!
    Yes I thought it was a design that had more potentiol than its production run allowded, a better red dot sight design and more thought on the stock may have made it a more succesful design.

Yes I agree, probably too costly to produce big numbers, bet it would sell well today.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Yes I agree, probably too costly to produce big numbers, bet it would sell well today.
    yes I agree, with the intrest in the tactical look I allways lovded my old Jackals but they are not pc these days Now my Brocock Enigma Carbine is a delight, and one of my real faves.

Smile Black Major

Hi i have recencly acquired a black major in a poor condition i made a shoulder stock by guessing the measurments from a picture, as you say rather a rare item ,but quite a few are owned by members on here,would be nice to see some nice pictures. the original shoulder stock is made of alloy but mine i had to make from steel which gives a good increase in weight.Also it was lacking a front sight so am putting on a red dot and a moderator, after it is blued and painted,will put on better pictures soon Major is the lower in the picture with the black plastics Regards SPROAT

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...rpions0006.jpg
    Last edited by sproat; 13-12-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Hi i have recencly acquired a black major in a poor condition i made a shoulder stock by guessing the measurments from a picture, as you say rather a rare item ,but quite a few are owned by members on here,would be nice to see some nice pictures. the original shoulder stock is made of alloy but mine i had to make from steel which gives a good increase in weight.Also it was lacking a front sight so am putting on a red dot and a moderator, after it is blued and painted,will put on better pictures soon Major is the lower in the picture with the black plastics Regards SPROAT

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...rpions0006.jpg
    thanks for that, looks good.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I recently acquired one in fairly decent condition, but minus its shoulder stock. Fun and interesting as a pistol, though the silly reflex sight is about as much use as a a red dot without a battery! Mine does not have a sight rail, so its a curio really. Do other owners have scope rails cut into the receiver top?

I have no idea how many were made. It was Milbro's last gasp, and some of their last efforts were not bad. The latest version of the G80 is not a bad little rifle, it is as well or better made than most of the juniour rifles produced by competitors at the time.

I have not run my BM over a chrony but I m, told they can produce some power, though the triggers leave a bit to be desied (mines not bad, but the one on the Cougar I own, I suspect the same, is awful).

If anyone has a spare shoulder stock for sale, do please let me know.....

Exclamation Black Major

Hi my black major HAS a sight rail, but all the pictures of others i have seen don"t appear to have one,do you have any pictures of other majors showing sight rails or not,be nice to clarify the point. SPROAT

Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    Hi my black major HAS a sight rail, but all the pictures of others i have seen don"t appear to have one,do you have any pictures of other majors showing sight rails or not,be nice to clarify the point. SPROAT
    Mine def didn't have scope rail, otherwise I would have used it.

Interesting, they must have added the scope rail when they realised how useless the reflex sight was!

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Interesting, they must have added the scope rail when they realised how useless the reflex sight was!
    possibly
    , but consider what it could have been with more cash and development spent on it

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    possibly
    , but consider what it could have been with more cash and development spent on it
    That was the issue, they ran out of cash!