Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts for Swiss arms Protector (4.5mm BB mini Uzi)

Parts for Swiss arms Protector (4.5mm BB mini Uzi)

Does anyone know where to get parts for the Swiss arms Protector? Basically this is the Mini Uzi that has been around for a while under various brandings.

hi mate, what parts do you need? has anything broken or are you just looking?

Im going to get one of these at christmas..

Here are a few sites no in the uk though..

http://www.skyproairsoft.com/prod_list.php?series_id=13

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/

http://scopeandlaser.com/index.php?cat=&p=6&id=13949

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I've heard you can get metal grips to replace the plastic ones and perhaps even a metal bottom plate (lower receiver), again to replace the plastic part.
    Also, before buying I saw a review where they said the tube like trigger sear thing (I forget it's real name) had a bad habit of wearing out. basically it looks like a long tube with an angled lip sticking out around the circumference of one end
    Edit, just had a read through of the links, many thanks for them. I guess there's no UK importers which is a shame. The bit I was trying to describe is actually the Steel Spring guide you linked to..
    Last edited by Boaz; 13-12-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Guarder make a metal receiver (upper and lower) and silencer. I am not sure if the receiver fits the .177 version (I don't see why not but it is made for 6mm). The silencer does fit but is not cheap (but is substantial and well made), it look excellent.

Spare magazines are available for .177 but I have heard of and experienced problems with them, the seal that mates with the bolt sits about 1mm proud of the original and my 2011 Uzi will not cycle properly with the new magazines.

I hear that in .177 this has now been discontinued which is a real shame, it is well made and excellent fun to shoot.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

No problem mate.
    Ill be ordering one of those Guarder Steel Spring Guides when i get my uzi as well, its one of those things the original part might never break but if it does its good to know we can replace it with something better..

Its a shame the 177 version is being discontinued as i really only hear good things about them, luckily my local shop has loads of them in though so ill be able to buy one..

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Enjoy the UZI dude, it is a purchase you will no regret.

been out with it today and the damn thing has started jamming. Not jamming BBs, but the mech was getting really slow and holding back so as not to fire. Suggestions

Cheers mate. Already had a look at that. You reckon auto grease will be ok? like axle grease, or what would be best???

Im not sure on the auto grease mate, it could be ok but im not sure, i would use a gun grease lube a moly based, something like bisley gun grease or abbey gun grease LT2.

http://www./itm/BISLEY-GUN-CLEANING-...item48657071b0

http://www./itm/ABBEY-GUN-GREASE-LT2...item33942b4a78

If you use another brand of grease, make sure its Molybdenum based and not silicone based, as silicone grease when on metal to metal can work as a grinding compound and wear down parts..

I use the Abbey LT2 moly gun grease on my blowback pistols, never had any issues..

ATB, Marc..

Well after a trip to pick up some Abbey grease as recommended I've spent the morning stripping, cleaning and re greasing/oiling the Uzi. And guess what. Still jams.
    It appears to stick as the bolt is going forward not backwards. I'm as sure as I can be that nothing is stopping it, i.e. no rogue bbs. Could it be the return spring isn't strong enough or that the bbs themselves in the port at the top of the mag are resisting the bolt moving forward. Pulling the cocking handle rearwards and releasing it allows the bolt to move forward but then it will seize again after a few rounds, or even on the very next round.
    Any thoughts.

hi gary, sorry to hear your still getting jams mate, if im honest not really what i wanted to read just before buying one after christmas, ive had too many airguns die on me in the last 4 months lol..

How long have you had it mate? can you take it back the the shop where you bought it..

Ill also give these details to my mate mozzieblue and see if he has any ideas..

ATB, Marc..

Try a drop of Pellgun oil on the seal on top of the magazine (the rectangular one).

Hi gary, my mate moz (the guy in that youtube unjamming video) sent me this message to show you..

He is unsure what the problem is but sent me this..

Hang on.... I think it might be the valve. It might not be letting all the co2 in to the blow back box so it is not blowing back.... If the bolt can be moved back and forward by hand that maybe the problem. Maybe the valve on the mag has come loose? The the valve spring has weakened?

To test just remove the lower receiver by knocking out the big pin behind the selector switch and moving the bolt back and forth. It should move freely (with just a little resistance on the first part of the pull) and you should see the mechanism working. If the bolt is not moving as it should then it is a problem in the upper receiver, which would be bad.

If there are no mechanical problem with the gun it can only be the mag. (it could also be sitting lower like the 1911 but I don't think so). Just work through the likely problems eliminating them as you go.All the springs can be easierly remove to look at and there are no bits that are rally hard to get to.

Pass that on, it might help.

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on..
    ATB, marc

I think this is perhaps taking a bit too far too soon.

Remember, this gun fires from an open bolt, it has to seal the mag and fire at almost the same time. If the seal and the blowback chamber are both dry you will get friction at the critical moment which softens the hammer blow and doesn't give you enough power to cycle the shot properly.

A drop of pellgun oil on top of the mag is well worth a try before looking at valves and sticky bolts.