Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rat problem!

Hey there chieffool sent you them pictures of my diy build Night vision set up, its not mounted on the Scope in the pictures as I have tried to cram in as much info in the photo as I could!

Peddy how you getting on with terminating them greasy pests? ☺

Quote Originally Posted by fog horn View Post
    Hey there chieffool sent you them pictures of my diy build Night vision set up, its not mounted on the Scope in the pictures as I have tried to cram in as much info in the photo as I could!

Peddy how you getting on with terminating them greasy pests? ☺
    Thanks for all the info. After bagging a good sized one the 2nd night, I've not seen one since and I've been baiting and waiting until stupid o'clock. Can't believe there's only one? Found a hole into next doors garden that's very smooth so well used. One thing I'm very impressed with is the low light image my hawke gives!

Chieffool buddy I don't know how to post puctures up on here I hear you can use photo bucket but ive not got a account but tell you what mate pm me your email address and I will send you some photo's there?

Cheers buddy
    Many thanks for the pics. all received and very impressive stuff. I can see immediately that this is not as hard as the concept when first read seems to imply. so may well have a go myself. and have to say the finished article looks very neat and business like. not at all 'homemade'

could you possibly send one more that shows how it would mount in place when being used on the air rifle?

i'll send (if i may) more questions by email as these will probably be more specific to the detail in the photos, which (sadly) you haven't been able to post generally on this thread. But, again, well done.

PS: No. 1 son just had a look over my shoulder. I feel a project coming on in the new year.....!

Ok guys well Airsporter1st has been so decent as to offer to post the pictures up here on this thread to give all the folks that are interested a idea of how easy it is and what the finished item looks like!

Hope you all enjoy and feel free to ask any questions and I will answer if I can

Foggy..

Ok guys well Airsporter1st has been so decent as to offer to post the pictures up here on this thread to give all the folks that are interested a idea of how easy it is and what the finished item looks like!

Hope you all enjoy and feel free to ask any questions and I will answer if I can

Foggy..
    Pictures here.

Nice job, Foggy.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

NV looks the business foggy not home made.
    Quick update on the rats which is quite funny......found out where my dead rat went, my neighbours cat (which poos in my garden) decided to take the rat into his house for a present for his owners slap bang in the middle of the kitchen, surprised I didn't hear the scream!!!
    Suspecting the moggie is eating the bait, so put down chocolate tonight to see if it was just a rogue rat!!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    NV looks the business foggy not home made.
    Quick update on the rats which is quite funny......found out where my dead rat went, my neighbours cat (which poos in my garden) decided to take the rat into his house for a present for his owners slap bang in the middle of the kitchen, surprised I didn't hear the scream!!!
    Suspecting the moggie is eating the bait, so put down chocolate tonight to see if it was just a rogue rat!!

Also try Peanut Butter, nutella and lard / dripping.
    Holds their attention and they settle better and dont bugger off with a mouthfull.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Also try Peanut Butter, nutella and lard / dripping.
    Holds their attention and they settle better and dont bugger off with a mouthfull.
    Thanks for info,
    My stash of dark chocolate is all I had in the spread dept. was gunna just see if it went by morning. I'm knackered with waiting up!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Thanks for all the info. After bagging a good sized one the 2nd night, I've not seen one since and I've been baiting and waiting until stupid o'clock. Can't believe there's only one? Found a hole into next doors garden that's very smooth so well used. One thing I'm very impressed with is the low light image my hawke gives!
    Don't be surprised to find them active in the late afternoon, rather than after dark - they aren't necessarily bothered by daylight.

To be fair late afternoon seem to be when they are most active, looked out the window today and see signs of a little digging by the fence today so looks like it might be a job for my night vision build again

Im guessing these ones are nighttime diggers!!

Chocolate wasn't touched all last night and today, so maybe just a rogue one. Going to remove the dug out soil tomorrow and see if there's any more digging. I'm almost disappointed!!!

I know its kinda strange, you never want them but then enjoy the sport

To be fair they do say you never only have one mate so dont give up!! They do seem to like nuttela I found as I baited a trap with it and see one the next day with its body half in and half out of the trap..

mind you the ones that have been round our way seem to have a taste for apples and im sure they are back, if so it will be the R10 barking at them!

I have had a good look around the garden and only seen the one bit of disturbed soil by nextdoors fence.. so I will keep vigilant and keep checking around the edges of the garden for any evidence!