Thread: A&M leaking cylinder.

A&M leaking cylinder.

As above guys,can hear the air coming from the fill probe port.had it for about 3 years had no probs until now.easy fix?or will I have to send it back for repair?thanks in advance for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    As above guys,can hear the air coming from the fill probe port.had it for about 3 years had no probs until now.easy fix?or will I have to send it back for repair?thanks in advance for any advice.
    Empty the cylinder and unscrew the end cap.There's a grub screw on the back of the end cap take that out remove the spring under that there's a small bit off metal with an o-ring on the end clean that and the end cap.
    It's an easy job to do.

I take it it`s the HW gun,, an i guess a quick fill, My lad had a simular thing ,, I put some Pellet lube (LT1) in the quick fill hole ,(finger blocking the other end) the blasted some air in, Guess it cleaned it cus it solved the problem.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by andrew27473 View Post
    Empty the cylinder and unscrew the end cap.There's a grub screw on the back of the end cap take that out remove the spring under that there's a small bit off metal with an o-ring on the end clean that and the end cap.
    It's an easy job to do.
    Just tried this but no joy infant even worse now there wasn't an o ring in there either😳

Just tried this but no joy infant even worse now there wasn't an o ring in there either😳
    The one's I've taken apart have a bit of metal turned down to a point with a groove and o-ring.Can you take a picture of the parts so I can see the parts please.

Have emailed a&m.will take pics weekend mate.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention other forums on here but here goes.
    If you go to the Weirhauch Owners Club forum and look on PCP, there's a thread titled A&M Fill Port leak fix by XTXAIR's Darrin.
    It's a video showing how to cure your problem.

Mod's, if I'm not allowed to reference other forums, please delete this and I will pm Woodpigeon.

if there is no o ring then its broken up or some one has took it off as one guy says take the end plug out and there is a grub screw take that out then there is a spring with a piston with a o ring on the o ring normaly goes hard then it starts to leak cut the old o ring off fit a new one and it will be ok

Thanks guys for your help emailed a&m and they have replied saying to send it back to them and they will fix free of charge 😊will look at that vid though first. Sounds like that I ring has perished as there was a few bits of crud in there.thanks for the info chaps.

Thanks guys for your help emailed a&m and they have replied saying to send it back to them and they will fix free of charge ��will look at that vid though first. Sounds like that I ring has perished as there was a few bits of crud in there.thanks for the info chaps.
    Hth .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgWQlA0Z5c ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Yes looked at that vid several times now seems like a great simple fix, however the guy says that you need a 10 mm countersunk screw. Mine is certainly not metric and is a fine thread and smaller than 10 mm. Plus how does this work?does the air force its way past the o ring when filling?if that's the case what stops it leaking past it when the cylinder is full?😳any advice would be most welcome.

Yes looked at that vid several times now seems like a great simple fix, however the guy says that you need a 10 mm countersunk screw. Mine is certainly not metric and is a fine thread and smaller than 10 mm. Plus how does this work?does the air force its way past the o ring when filling?if that's the case what stops it leaking past it when the cylinder is full?��any advice would be most welcome.
    There is a fill port and pressure gauge designed for BSA's by Tench that uses the same principle, i.e. An Oring around a countersunk bolt. As your filling the incoming pressure is greater than that in the cylinder, so it forces it's way past the Oring seal. When you stop filling the pressure in the cylinder causes the Oring to seal between the countersink of the bolt and the face of the fill valve. It's a simple solution and works very well.

HTH, Mike.

Gotcha thanks😉