Thread: Osprey accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Interestingly Alistair

At the time (1977) BSA said they weren't gunsmiths as such but a precision engineering company.

Webley did send me a nice book on Webley history along with my dear John letter, so it wasn't all for nothing.

All the best Mick
    BSA must have based that idea on their history of making precisely-engineered motorcycles (hahahahahahahahaha!) as my 1973 Meteor has numerous deviations from the concept of 'precision'. I see no-one is clamouring to buy the 'piled arms' badge to stick on a Shanghaicycle.

And Webley sent you a history? Well, they are now. Innit.

Tant pis.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I bought a second hand Osprey in the mid 80's it wasnt anything special to look at but was one of the most accurate rifles i ever had.
    If you get a good one hang onto it!

I had my Osprey ST serviced. Goal: nice shooting behaviour. As it is an oldie and ST, power not important.
    The spring was replaced with 1 with other thread thickness, HW spring guide was fitted.
    Its a very nice shooter now. Ok, not recoilless, but as good as my mk3 ST in the oldies comp. Shooting ragged holes at 6 yrd standing freehand.
    ATB,
    yana

Intresting, my late uncle had an Osprey Supertarget which was not bad for bell target , his had Anschutz apeture sights mind( which may have hellped). Myself I have the Hammerli model 2 which is awesumley accurate if not powerful at 8ftlbs in .177 and a Viscount in .22 which dose 10.ftlbs with air arms domes. The Osprey never was a poweful gun, yet have to say I like it and will one day get one, to compare with the Viscount and the Hammerli. My fave sidelevers, are MY Diana 52 in .22 and my Air Arms branded Woodsman again in .22

Mine even has the rare militairy rearsite, but its VERY accurate for belltarget. If yr score is not 100%, its not the rifle's fault. It will shoot the 10 ring out of the 6yrd belltarget practise cards no prob.
    I use JSB Exact in mine.
    I dó find it more hold sensitive than my mk3's
    ATB,
    yana

Have noticed that the Osprey piston seems lighter than the Tracker counterpart.. HMM, lighter piston and lower compression, sounds reasonable. I need to get those measurements taken methinks, and perhaps accept the low power of the Ospreys. Just gotta get all my exams done first