Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your youngest 'collectable'

maybe my Tomahawk in .22 just to many to choose from

aria

.25 airsporter rb2.nice!

IJ "I know where its twin is. " Next to the Gimp suit
    Very nice, were they factory for Beeman or a Macarri??

Madcarlos, lovely rifle, do they shoot? Is the MKI the better or was the MKII the finished item. Rather like the quirky look to the point I might look for one.

Thanks for the 77 info Troubledshooter.
    Mine is 1459697.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

Madcarlos, lovely rifle, do they shoot? Is the MKI the better or was the MKII the finished item. Rather like the quirky look to the point I might look for one.
    think going by the reviews the mk2 the better gun, these are very accurate rifles, you either love them or hate them , i must admit i really love this gun , the weight is just right for me to, out of the guns i have or have had in the past this is the one that people ask about when they see it ,

Erma Werke ELG10.......Webley Ranger
    J.W.Bowkett H16 Custom ....1982....

Early Harper Wolf, Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I suspect Beeman as two were presented to Alan and Kevin at Manchester Airguns for services rendered in the selling of Beeman products.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Stunning rifle what's your history with it, thanks for pics
    hi i have had this for about 2 years i think which i bought it off a chap on this site, i did fancy one but never seen one in the flesh anyway i took a chance and bought it , must say i was not disappointed at all and the accuracy is what these seem to be known for , very accurate, think i have only put about 200/300 pellets through it in the time i have had it , everyone who has seen it always comments on it , i like the handling on it and the cocking of it is just amazing , they do need high mounts or scope risers , i was going to buy a spare buddy bottle but instead bought a 500cc top up bottle , its taking me all this time to decide on weather to put a sling on it but dont really want to alter it in anyway , dont really see many of these advertised second hand for sale , only thing is a mag of pellets dont last long , i do mostly plinking and if a can or something i put up as a target you find you wont just shoot it once or twice you will empty the mag at it, ,mine is 177 and 70/80 yards is still very good grouping

Question

I don't really know as i'm not sure of the age of most of my guns

Maybe one of THESE TWO (Dunno how old for sure!)

THIS maybe?? (Clutching at straws again )

THESE were still in production 'til very recently though it's not a recent gun!!

I don't really know

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've got a five year old Theoben Evo with a lovely RH walnut stock in minty condition that i consider collectable. They're superbly made and finished, technically unique(ish) and no longer made.
    That ticks all the boxes for me.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Do 25mm HW77s count? I have 3 of those, including a tyrolean Northern Gun Company Gold Sierra, which will never be made again (and is pretty vulgar, to be honest).

Of "proper" collectables, probably my PH Dragon.

But basically anything that people like and that goes out of production becomes collectable quite quickly these days. I never imagined that my top-break Webley Typhoon or my 2 Paratrooper repeaters (all sadly long gone) would become collectors' items.

So, of more recent guns, my Benjamin-Sheridan E9A/EB22 probably fits the bill: only a few years old, very classic (last of the traditional 1950s style US CO2/pump pistols), discontinued about a year or two ago, and a few years from now they will be a lot harder to find than now (remember when all gun shops had an s/h Airsporter? - they don't now). Get one while you can. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    hi i have had this for about 2 years i think which i bought it off a chap on this site, i did fancy one but never seen one in the flesh anyway i took a chance and bought it , must say i was not disappointed at all and the accuracy is what these seem to be known for , very accurate, think i have only put about 200/300 pellets through it in the time i have had it , everyone who has seen it always comments on it , i like the handling on it and the cocking of it is just amazing , they do need high mounts or scope risers , i was going to buy a spare buddy bottle but instead bought a 500cc top up bottle , its taking me all this time to decide on weather to put a sling on it but dont really want to alter it in anyway , dont really see many of these advertised second hand for sale , only thing is a mag of pellets dont last long , i do mostly plinking and if a can or something i put up as a target you find you wont just shoot it once or twice you will empty the mag at it, ,mine is 177 and 70/80 yards is still very good grouping
    Thanks for info, its one that's definitely on my wish list. Collectors don't like sling swivels, but if its a keeper it doesn't matter.
    petef