Thread: BSA Meteor Mk1 fun

BSA Meteor Mk1 fun

Now I don't post that often in the collectable section but after a novelty shoot at my indoor club shooting at a Gamo moving target system with a .177 Mk 1 meteor I can't belive how well a 52 year old rifle shoots, it was in great condition for its age and IMO a fine example of BSA at its best.

I may visit this section more often a never know may buy my self a BSA classic
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Now I don't post that often in the collectable section but after a novelty shoot at my indoor club shooting at a Gamo moving target system with a .177 Mk 1 meteor I can't belive how well a 52 year old rifle shoots, it was in great condition for its age and IMO a fine example of BSA at its best.

I may visit this section more often a never know may buy my self a BSA classic
    It takes about that length of time to run-in one of these leather-washered classics.

In my experience the early Meteors far excel the quality of the later ones - but then again couldn't that be said of most BSA air rifles.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I've got 2 myself; .177 and .22 and I have to agree.. not too powerful, not pinpoint accurate but feel bloody lovely to shoot. Get one bought!
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177

I'm new to air rifles but managed to pick up a lovely mk1.177 meteor, it's lovely. Not too powerful but really nice. I've added a few others to my collection but keep going back to it