One thing that really bugs me is the fact that moderators have to be on ticket items and therefore a variation is required if you make a mistake.
I wanted a mod for the 6.5 x 47 and as it was a range gun I was not that concerned over the blast taming more about the overall balance. The gun also has a less than popular thread, so I was going to have to wait.
In my local gunshop they had a very nice looking TLD moderator, so against better judgement I purchased it. I had no idea of how it would perform but assumed that most mods these days should.

It is a very nice looking carbon fibre bodied reflex design with a changeable thread adapter. Therefore in theory a mod to fit all guns.

Once fitted I took it out and fired the gun without the mod to check zero. I then fitted the mod and shot another to see the shift and that was about 2" high 2" left. I had left my ear defenders on for that shot. I then took a shot with ear defenders off and was amazed how loud the blast was. It was almost as if the mod was not on the gun. Took another shot and that was it, defenders back on as I had a severe ringing in my ears. Compared to my 270 WSM with a Northstar on, the muzzle blast was incredibly loud.

As a mod, the TLD is as good as useless and by far the applies the least level of attenuation I have ever come across in a firearm moderator. They look good, but as far as doing what they are supposed to it is woeful.