Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1978 HW35 Valuation Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Keep some body-weight over the back block as you unscrew it (it's a fairly long thread), and it shouldn't surprise you too much.

There are some guns that require a spring compressor arangement, but a standard HW35 should be OK.

When re-assembling, that thread at the end of the cylinder is very sharp. So take care when you're pushing the piston back in... I lost a fair slice of finger flesh doing that once... and a fair amount of blood!
    Good point (re sharp bits ) The edges of the slot when you remove the trigger unit (as a whole unit) can be razor sharp. Ive got the scars to prove it. Ten minutes with a needle file will sort it. The end block may need a little persuasion to start to move. I use a tight fitting spanner and a quick belt with a hammer (normal r/h thread) to get it started.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hw35

In October I paid £150 for a late 70's .22 35 Delux in good condition from Keith at Bisley, I now have three a std, delux and export all made within a few years of each other. I'd highly recommend a 35 to anyone whatever model.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    In October I paid £150 for a late 70's .22 35 Delux in good condition from Keith at Bisley, I now have three a std, delux and export all made within a few years of each other. I'd highly recommend a 35 to anyone whatever model.
    100%agree a true classic

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I'd highly recommend a 35 to anyone whatever model.
    But watch the beggers - they breed.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Only in your house.

My two may have problems?
    One is a K and the other is long but they are both .177 -which is odd for my springers.