Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most desired rifle or pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Yes, this. Not sure if anything trumps it

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    A mint condition BSA Military pattern would be nice, failing that a Giradoni precharged would do

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Venom Mach 1.
    The mach 1 would be my choice as well;-)
    Les.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Would have to be an ISP Spartan in .177,fully engraved,graded stock

Me too

Venom Mach 1.
    Hi Tony, what's the story behind the Mach 1 rifle then? Thanks. Jazzeh

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I did have the opportunity to buy a gold plated HW35 one of those presented to the Bontofts of Hull Cartridge fame. I refused it. The quality of the plating was poor and varied a lot in colour. One gold plated HW77, which was a prize in AGW, was part ex for something more suitable for hunting at Target Sports in Bolton. The plating quality wasn't much better.

ATB
    Ian
    Well thanks a bleeding lot Ian.....You've just destroyed my boyhood dream rifle. I hope you can sleep tonight! hehe

I think mine would be a Whiscombe JW65 in .177 with a lovely left hand CS800 or Gary Cane stock.
    I had one once and stupidly sold it.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzeh View Post
    Well thanks a bleeding lot Ian.....You've just destroyed my boyhood dream rifle. I hope you can sleep tonight! hehe
    He is right you know... I bought one of the golden '35s and soon passed it on to a collector... the plating on all of them is/was rather poor to be fair, and using the golden guns to actually shoot with is only going to make matters worse... plus, going out shooting with a gold plated gun is/was judged to be uncool around this BBS.

Here's some pictures of that '35: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...ry/hw35%20gold

As you can see by the barrel - it had already had some use, although probably not very much... Gold = soft.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 18-12-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Either a left handed Whiscombe, a nice left handed Diana 100 or a left handed Steyr Lg-1

Hi Tony, what's the story behind the Mach 1 rifle then? Thanks. Jazzeh
    In a nutshell, a hand made ultra-precision break barrel, conceived and brought to life by Dave Pope and Ivan Hancock (and, very possibly a young, fledgling Steve Pope ) .I'm not sure how much info there'll be if you google it up.....Lyn Lewington has one, maybe he'll jump in and give more precise details.

Built as a "money no object", "let's make the best possible break barrel in the world" showcase. Not cheap when launched (the best never is) and highly sought after and appreciating these days.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

In a nutshell, a hand made ultra-precision break barrel, conceived and brought to life by Dave Pope and Ivan Hancock (and, very possibly a young, fledgling Steve Pope ) .I'm not sure how much info there'll be if you google it up.....Lyn Lewington has one, maybe he'll jump in and give more precise details.

Built as a "money no object", "let's make the best possible break barrel in the world" showcase. Not cheap when launched (the best never is) and highly sought after and appreciating these days.
    Thanks Tony. I've seen a picture of one of them some where in an old magazine. Have you ever seen one actually being used at a shoot by chance? Jazzeh

Have you ever seen one actually being used at a shoot by chance? Jazzeh
    Unfortunately, no. I've not actually seen one in the flesh, but would love to, one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My walther lg300 dominator alutec carbon dipped chassis and Steve lannyman 3 walnut wood set , however a full zenith job done on it would make it a little more special , me and the master are in negotiations ....

Mine is simple, I would like a BSA Airsporter S in 0.177. I bought a brand new one in the 80s and it is my favourite airgun by far, biggest mistake ever was selling it!

How much do you think one would sell for now??
    ££££££
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22