Thread: Airgun World January 2015 Springer Fest!!

Thumbs up Airgun World January 2015 Springer Fest!!

Another heads up from me, chaps.

Amongst the other excellent content, this latest issue is an absolute MUST for the springer enthusiast.

THREE excellent articles from JT covering pre-load, piston lightening and temperature effect.

Test on the Walther Terrus.

Test on the Hatsan 85 XTH.

Ballistics articles.

Terry's there testing the Hatsan AT44TX PCP and the follow-up to the BSA Ultramax.

And, getting mine from Smith's, the latest issue of Airgunner was also bundled in as a freebie.

Happy days!!

Get it bought you lot!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Seems like I should have had a subscription... Hard to find these magazines here in Norway.

I have tried googling, but not found any way to subscribe to this mag internationally- does anyone know where to find the info?

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Seems like I should have had a subscription... Hard to find these magazines here in Norway.

I have tried googling, but not found any way to subscribe to this mag internationally- does anyone know where to find the info?
    Theres an apple app for the sub

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post

If Terry or Jim look in I'm sure they'll be able to help.

And see if back issues can be had - then you can catch up on Jim's excellent articles...absolutely essential stuff for the springer fan (and some PCP stuff at times).

One day, one day we might be able to convince them to put all the articles in a book. Then they can all be found easily and quickly for future reference. I know the knowledge is changing all the time, so we won't see a definitive "Springer Bible" and it's work in progress, but some sort of "compendium" would be great...Volume 1 now, with a follow up in a couple of years or so.

What about it chaps?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

One day, one day we might be able to convince them to put all the articles in a book.
    I reckon we should ask Jim to give a lecture at the next boinger bash.

Looks like a good issue though.

Jesus Christ! Tony L!!!! Are you on some sort of wage! Fan boi isn't the word!lol Honestly Every month the same mag thread! My dear man I'm pretty sure most chaps on here are aware of thus magazine!

Sorry young man.

Yes, by my own admission, I am a bit of a fan.

Not on a commission / bung or anything, just giving any interested peeps a heads up.

I'm hiding a dark secret! I must admit sir a few weeks ago I posted a comment about agw's reviews, which terry replied to and to be honest it was a much needed if not gladly received comment which made me buy a copy, I read the whole magazine with much interest! And put it to the good lady it would be a good idea as a Xmas pressy to buy me a anual subscription! So there you go! Maybe there's more than one "fan boi" amongst us!

Ha ha!!

Good man.

So, did 'er indoors go for it, or will you only find out on the 25th?

Well she's a good woma and her words were" I suppose silly magazines are cheaper than your guns so...." Well I'm guessing that's a yes! So I'm pretty sure I'm the proud new owner of a anual subscription to Agw! If not I'm going to buy a hw80 to teach her a lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingstuff View Post
    If not I'm going to buy a hw80 to teach her a lesson!
    What? Just the ONE????!!

Smile

Just read the December issue(can't remember the chaps name who wrote the article) but he spoke on the subject of his first time shooting a hw80! I read this remembering my first experience and it bought back fond memory's. But..... Yes it will be just the one!

As long as she lets me

Only one thing I'd like to query, I'm not sure why the airgunworld magazines are in plastic bags? This only means most enthusiasts wont get the chance to take a peek, which can only lead to a reluctance to buy the damn thing. If I worked at a publisher's I'd rail against this practice. Tbh my favourite magazine is airgun shooter,it's the varied articles I like. Who's this Phil Bulmer bloke BTW? I particulary like his articles. Is he on here out of interest?
    Thanks guy's. Jazzeh

I LIKE the plastic wrapping.

Two reasons....if it's likely to be damp outside, it keeps the copy dry, without being asked to fork out for a carrier bag.

And....it means you get a freebie Airgunner bundled in. The last four or five months it has been the current issue included, so extra bonus.

I don't dislike Airgun Shooter. As you say, some varied content. Again, Lyn's more technical articles are the ones of most interest. Quite liked some of the past articles on classic American stuff, too.

Nice to get a broad cross-section of views, too.

But Jim's the maestro.