I am just getting started in reloading and so far have only loaded the .22 hornet with the load data that came with the rifle with good results (thanks Tank )

I have now got the kit together to load my .223 Rem and 6.5 x 55 swede, the .223 will primarily be for target work with 52 gr SMKs / A-max with the odd fox / long range rabbit. I would like to develop 2 loads for the 6.5, a 140 grain SP for deer and 142gr HPBT for target work.

I realise they are very different cartridges and therefore ideally require different powder burn rates but if I can use one powder for both I can get loading the 6.5 quicker and from a safety point of view there is no chance of mixing powders when loading, plus there is a good supply locally.

I was initially looking at H335 for the .223 but looking at the data on the Hodgdon site H4895 will give similar velocities for the .223.

If anyone has experience with similar loads or load both these calibres with the same powder I'd be interested in hearing your experiences.

Thanks