Thread: in the news again

in the news again

Sky news website have a short news flash up about a school being on lockdown following reports of people being shot at and a suspect seen with an air weapon... Should make a great article for the daily mail tomorrow

Christchurch in Dorset - 'Armed Response' officers called - what happened to proportional response? The news article said that it was an air weapon, so does that mean that any time someone is seen with an air weapon the ARV is called out. What a waste of resource and tax payers money.

Sadly, although it may well be a sub 12ft,lb air rifle, quite possibly less,and you would hope that common sense prevails, it may also be some mindless idiot, with an f.a.c.rated weapon that could put the incident into a completely different light. Personally I wouldn't want someone shooting an air gun at my family,and I hope this person comes to his senses before the police react in a way that may seem wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

Near me.
    Very low key response from Police.
    Workman in road felt something bounce off his leg and saw pellet.
    Police called.
    26 year old man told off for shooting at pigeons.
    No charge.
    Press wound it up a bit!

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    So what happened to the 'pellet leaves your boundary it's 5 years in prison'

Sighs!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

The good old daily mail! Not much good for other than a fire light or tablr proper-upper

Interesting statement from the school head: http://station1.highcliffe.dorset.sc...lt.asp?id=2850

Looks like local news wanted some sort of major story.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakingstuff View Post
    The good old daily mail! Not much good for other than a fire light or tablr proper-upper
    Not much use at either! Too damned wet!