Thread: Krytox - The Dog's Dooh-dah's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Krytox - The Dog's Dooh-dah's?

If a chap, and more specifically a chap who like springers, was to purchase a quantity of this miraculous ointment, where might he dab it for best effect?

The same places that he has been dabbing his Molly b'Denim grasse d'voiture?

Krytox can be used anywhere that you would normally use grease - including metal to metal contact and elastomers.

It is non-flammable so can also be used in front of the piston seal. A small quantity goes a long way.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

A few people have now tried the Finish Line bike grease, Alistair. Apparently very similar, but loads cheaper.

And John, Snooper, concocted his own special formula......"SNOOP GLOOP" .....Best of both worlds...the Finish Line bike grease with extra fine moly mixed in.....luvverly, slippery stuff!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I use kyrtox oil on the piston seel and either krytox grease or moly grease everywhere else. Just remember, krytox and standard oil/greases should not come in contact with each other. I use oil on the seel as the run-in time is about a million times quicker.

What actually happens if Krytox comes in to contact with normal oil or grease?
    Airwolf, Prosport, GinB HW98, LGU, HW100T, Theoben Grand Prix:- all .177

It produces milk!

I had just finished degreasing and Krytoxing my break barrel. Just at the end I put a couple of drops of Krytox oil on the pivot where the barrel hinges. i forgot that it still had oil there. It has been producing a milky substance ever since! Had to think if any lubrication is till being provided.