Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stealth mods

stealth mods

well iv'e gone and got me another stealth
    so since it's been a long time since my last one I was wondering, has anyone come up
    with a regulated valve yet ? and which is the best barrel to fit for accuracy and how hard are they to fit ?
    thanks
    p.s i am on the lookout for any parts so if anyone has any knocking about they don't need let me know
    cheers
    ...... Adapt....To......Survive.....

The best upgrade to a stealth takes about 45 minutes, is in 5 easy steps and costs a about £250.

Step 1. Clean gun thoroughly.

Step 2. Remove scope.

Step 3. Fill bottle.

Step 4. Place gun in bag.

Step 5. Take stealth to RFD and part exchange for an S400.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

haha i did that last time but got an AA S200 instead
    no this is a good un and come the zombie apocalypse i can tune it easy to zap them flesh eaters
    your 400 won't be much good then will it ehh ?
    ...... Adapt....To......Survive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    haha i did that last time but got an AA S200 instead
    no this is a good un and come the zombie apocalypse i can tune it easy to zap them flesh eaters
    your 400 won't be much good then will it ehh ?
    There are so many other guns i would choose to defend my life rather than a stealth.

Lots of folk tell me theirs is a good one, in 35 years i have never seen one used in a competition, or in the field and if mine was anything to go by (stealth 2000) i am amazed that anyone would ever buy more than one!

i had a stealth once, nothing wrong with the barrel it was the consistency of the valve, 1st shot bang on, 2nd shot 3 inch high, 3rd shot 4 inch low 4th shot 2 inch high and so on all in a perfectly straight line then there's that bloody safety!!!
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    i had a stealth once, nothing wrong with the barrel it was the consistency of the valve, 1st shot bang on, 2nd shot 3 inch high, 3rd shot 4 inch low 4th shot 2 inch high and so on all in a perfectly straight line then there's that bloody safety!!!

How did you manage to get groups that good?

The safety had a better feel to it than my trigger!

Nope, not for me thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    well iv'e gone and got me another stealth
    so since it's been a long time since my last one I was wondering, has anyone come up
    with a regulated valve yet ? and which is the best barrel to fit for accuracy and how hard are they to fit ?
    thanks
    p.s i am on the lookout for any parts so if anyone has any knocking about they don't need let me know
    cheers
    it depends how much you want to spend on the gun. we have worked on many stealth rifles over the years common mods are we change the short barrel to a longer barrel typicaly 16 to 23" depending on the power you want to go to, we change the hammer completly with a hybrid hammer. next we make full overbarrel silencer thats actually threaded to the barrel not the rifle casing. this makes the rifle far quieter trigger needs some mods as its about the worst part of the gun.standared standared valving can be made better. but best to replace the internals completly yes there is a reg made to fit this refile but it pushes the bottle back even more than it all ready is. so basicaly you need to ask the question is it worth spending the money on or just part exchanging for other rifle. many of our customers like these guns because changing from one cal to another cal is very easy. and the power these rifles can go to is insane. i hope these answers help you a little

Verminator 66 is offline I Will Never Find Another Ewe
    the only thing wrong with a stealth is when do you stop spending you can make them as good as any other
    but I loved doing the ones I had up and they are bomb proof

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    it depends how much you want to spend on the gun. we have worked on many stealth rifles over the years common mods are we change the short barrel to a longer barrel typicaly 16 to 23" depending on the power you want to go to, we change the hammer completly with a hybrid hammer. next we make full overbarrel silencer thats actually threaded to the barrel not the rifle casing. this makes the rifle far quieter trigger needs some mods as its about the worst part of the gun.standared standared valving can be made better. but best to replace the internals completly yes there is a reg made to fit this refile but it pushes the bottle back even more than it all ready is. so basicaly you need to ask the question is it worth spending the money on or just part exchanging for other rifle. many of our customers like these guns because changing from one cal to another cal is very easy. and the power these rifles can go to is insane. i hope these answers help you a little

So you;

Change the Barrel.
    Work on the Trigger.
    Change the Hammer and presumably the Spring.
    Also change the Valve.
    Possibly fit a Reg.

All interesting stuff, but out of the box, these are as much use as Anne Franks drum kit.

stealth

It's a love it or hate it rifle, most second hand models have had some modification seen many mods to them best looking one was with a 23" barrel and fat silencer it looked menacing

You seriously need to get a life Two200's! The guy asked for recommendations on modifications and all you contribute is a diatribe based on the fact that you once had a dodgy Stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    You seriously need to get a life Two200's! The guy asked for recommendations on modifications and all you contribute is a diatribe based on the fact that you once had a dodgy Stealth.

OK. heres a recommendation.
    Remove silencer.
    Fits in a wheelie bin better.

Dboy, on the 11th Jan, you commented on a thread about Stealths to quote;

"Stealth a serious sub twelver?"
    "I suppose you mean they need a "serious" amount of work"

I myself had a Stealth and it was crap, in oh so many ways, not just my one either - by design and manufacture process and really poor aftersales service too.

What the xxxx more of a qualification do you believe that i need to comment on them?

The stealth does need some work done. This is common knowledge. Most other rifles do too. However, there is no need for your ongoing childish diatribe when the guy simply asked for recommendations on modifications.

Furthermore, I recently acquired a Hellcat and I must say I am very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    The stealth does need some work done. This is common knowledge. Most other rifles do too. However, there is no need for your ongoing childish diatribe when the guy simply asked for recommendations on modifications.

Furthermore, I recently acquired a Hellcat and I must say I am very impressed.

There is a need.

The need is simply to stop people making the same mistake as i did.

The word you used "diatribe" - is interesting as diatriba in Latin translates to "learned discussion."

If modding is your thing, thats dandy, but there are better platforms to mod, by a country mile.

I'm happy if your happy with the Hellcat you just acquired, i must be expecting too much.

Whenever anyone asks for a comment on Stealths and their mods, i will, whenever i see them and am not too busy - add my point of view - my diatribe - my experience.

See, its a forum, we do this - if you don't like it, filter my rantings.

Keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Anne Franks drum kit.
    ::snigger::