Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which C02 pistol should I buy, recommendations please.

Which C02 pistol should I buy, recommendations please.

Hi all, im new to the world of C02 pistols and really would like your recommendations as to what to buy. The choice is mind boggling. I like the idea of a"blow back" pistol, and I like drop in mags. Im not so keen on bbs, prefering pellets. I would also like to add extras, ie a silencer , red dot maybe.
    The budget dosnt really matter, just want a real quality pistol, with massive fun factor and good accuracy to match.
    What do you recommend. Cheers

Hi mate.
    well because of what your after, you have narrowed it down quite a bit which could be a good thing if your finding it hard to decide..

As far as i know, you will not find any pellet blowback pistols with a full sized drop out magazine, but you can get ones with stick mags.. But if a blowback pellet pistol is what your after then your chooses really are:

Umarex Beretta PX4 storm. (replica airgun)
    ASG CZ P09 Duty (replica airgun)
    Gamo PT85 Tactical. (non replica)
    Gamo PT85, (non replica)
    Gamo PT25 (non replica)

All are ok pistols..

This guy has reviews and shooting videos of all those and many many more..

https://www.youtube.com/user/switchingtomac/videos

One thing with the pellet blowback pistols, the slide will not lock back after the finally shot has been fired, which is a little disappointing but its how they work that makes it tricky to do so..

Personally i would not be put off by BB shooters, and if you want a true replica in looks and function BB blowback pistols arew the way to go..

Check out my one of a kind Colt Custom 1911.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF0554.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...container3.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF0546.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...1newgrips1.jpg

All the Best, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

your choice is ltd if after pellet firing, umerex smith 586 revolver and 1911 berreta 92 are the best quality, bb pistols are cheap around £100 ish but quality is poor, they jam and go wrong a lot so you have to be prepared to strip etc although fun with blowback action. single shot pellet firing the most accurate, air powered pcp pistols the most powerfull ,along with the crossman 2240 !, check out blackdogpistols.com for idears and custom stuff,

Ahh, I didnt think it would be long till some sound advice came along.
    The blowback pistol was just an idea really , to make the shooting sensation a bit more "live" . I like the look of the colt 1911, and maybe something I could get a red dot sight on .

As gra says the BB shooters have a lower build quality but i own both and it dont stop me buying the BB shooters haha..

If you can put up with not having blowback and not really them being true replicas, i HIGHLY recommend one of the umarex pellet shooters, S&W 686, Beretta 92fs, Colt 1911A1, Walther CP88, not so much the CP99 though its the roughest out the lot lol..

Out of all the guns in my collection though, the one i have most fun with and shoot the most is my sexy 1911 blowback BB shooter, customized by the man above..

All i will say is mate, dont rush into buying anything, find things you like the look of, then youtube the hell out of it hahaha..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by titan bearcat View Post
    Ahh, I didnt think it would be long till some sound advice came along.
    The blowback pistol was just an idea really , to make the shooting sensation a bit more "live" . I like the look of the colt 1911, and maybe something I could get a red dot sight on .
    dont forget if you want a red dot or scope you are going to be hardpushed to mount it on a blowback unless you use a bridge, basically blowbacks are great fun but very ltd in accuracy, magazine pellet versions dont use blowback but the accuracy is pretty good, the best accuracy is single shot which can give hole on hole accuracy,

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    The budget dosn't really matter, just want a real quality pistol, with massive fun factor and good accuracy to match.
    What do you recommend. Cheers
    In that case..... Crosman 600, no contest, about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!

Seriously.

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If real quality, fun and accuracy are your priorities...there is ONLY one - the S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    In that case..... Crosman 600, no contest, about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!

Seriously.

HTH.

Roy.
    Thought they were hard to find?

Walther cp 88 competition, or a smith and wesson 6"
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_snake View Post
    Thought they were hard to find?
    Been two on here this week or so
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Im leaning towards the Umarex Walther cp88 or the Umarex Colt 1911 ?
    The cp88 in two action lengths. Any advantage between them ? Ive trawled you tube , but would like opinions from you guys who actually own them , rather than just reviews. Cheers again.

Im leaning towards the Umarex Walther cp88 or the Umarex Colt 1911 ?
    The cp88 in two action lengths. Any advantage between them ? Ive trawled you tube , but would like opinions from you guys who actually own them , rather than just reviews. Cheers again.
    ive owned several of both and work on them i prefere the 1911 to the cp, but thats personal taste! both are probably the same in performance and quality, the 6" is better than the 4" but you can buy target versions of these as well, second hand 4" go for around£!00, 6" ones at £140, target versions £160, 1911 go for around £120 ish you can get original wood grips for both these pistols as well,
    and yes i forgot about the 600, excellent pistol, prices seem to have dropped a tad at the moment as well, personally i think the crossman sa6 cowboy in .22 is the best for fun but pretty rare! there are romours that there will be a sa6 clone coming out early next year as well!

Thankyou bigjob for the info, I will start looking ! And probably end up buying both ! You know how it goes lol .

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php