Thread: BSA serial number. The new - 15 Suffix ?

BSA serial number. The new - 15 Suffix ?

I'm looking for some advice please, when do the new BSA seriaI number sufix (- 15 for 2015 in this instance) usually start appearing on the racks of the retailers?
    Many thanks in advance, your input & advise is appreciated
    All the best Bill

When i bought my 2012 model R10,i rang BSA to find out its manufacturing date.
    It turned out that i had bought it 3 weeks after it was made.This was from the airgun centre at Rayleigh.
    So i would think they should be in outlets mid january,end of January allowing for the xmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERT FOX View Post
    It turned out that i had bought it 3 weeks after it was made.This was from the airgun centre at Rayleigh.
    So i would think they should be in outlets mid january,end of January allowing for the xmas break.
    Fantastic! really grateful & obliged, many, many thanks to you Desert Fox
    kind regards, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DESERT FOX View Post
    When I bought a lightning xl from Woodys of Wembley last year, I emailed BSA and I was told it was manufactured SEVEN YEARS before I bought it!
    BSA R10 .22
    BSA Ultra SS bolt action Tactical .22

Quote Originally Posted by MorganW View Post
    When I bought a lightning xl from Woodys of Wembley last year, I emailed BSA and I was told it was manufactured SEVEN YEARS before I bought it!
    Woh, that just don't sound right or fair Morgan
    Although i guess there's no guarantee offered of when a rifle is manufactured, a 'fair expectation' that its of relatively recent manufacture & in line with current design updates should be expected by the purchaser i think ..
    I rang the very popular outlet i was hoping to order from to ask if they had an eta when new stock would be coming in as they had only one of the particular model i wanted & was told no one had ever asked before. Perhaps as consumers, we should start asking ??
    all the very best Bill