Thread: BSA Lightning SE Trigger modification

BSA Lightning SE Trigger modification

Looking for anyone who may be able to answer a question regarding a Charlie Da Tuna 4G trigger swap in my Lightning SE. I've asked on the bsaog but seems very quiet on there!

Anyway, looking to improve the trigger on the lightning and stumbled on a few older posts regarding the Lightning XL and the CDT swap but wondered if it was possible on the SE. I've already removed the bear trap and the trigger block seems to be the Gamo unit required, but would I have to alter the safety? Not bought the trigger unit yet but the rifle is in bits and seems sensible to do it whilst it's like that!

Quote Originally Posted by little duck View Post
    Looking for anyone who may be able to answer a question regarding a Charlie Da Tuna 4G trigger swap in my Lightning SE. I've asked on the bsaog but seems very quiet on there!

Anyway, looking to improve the trigger on the lightning and stumbled on a few older posts regarding the Lightning XL and the CDT swap but wondered if it was possible on the SE. I've already removed the bear trap and the trigger block seems to be the Gamo unit required, but would I have to alter the safety? Not bought the trigger unit yet but the rifle is in bits and seems sensible to do it whilst it's like that!
    It should say on the trigger blade if it's the SAT trigger ie Gamo. If so then yes it would fit though I've heard mixed reports on them, so beware.

Maybe if you tried a Gamo forum & identified the trigger group they're using on BSA's?
    I've just got an older Lightning so I'm afraid I can't help directly but going by the ones I've seen there aren't too many to choose from so it should be fairly easy.
    If you haven't already done it, contacting CTD, Gamo & BSA might be an idea as well.