Thread: Gamo Paratrooper power output

Gamo Paratrooper power output

Has anyone ever put their .177 Gamo over a chrono ? I was wondering what the normal power is. Had a very weak rifle which I just renovated. Decided to replace the leather seal with polyurethane but the limit still seems to be around 8.5 ft lb. Probably limited by the small swept volume of the chamber. Must admit I put a shorter spring in as I did not fancy trying to compress the 39 coil original one.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 22-12-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    That is good power for one of them, about 7 was normal for a .177, with 8.5 to 9 for the .22.

Pellet choice might finesse it a bit, but I think you have maxed out the potential for that rifle.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Do not be tempted to fit a stronger spring. You will get a bit more out of it but the sears are prone to go on these, especially with a bit of megaspring home tuning.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

as above, this is one gun that can only suffer as a result of power increase and if anything will benefit from an easy life ; not just
    in terms of reliability but accuracy.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

I agree never made to be a power house but good accuracy plinker

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Do not be tempted to fit a stronger spring. You will get a bit more out of it but the sears are prone to go on these, especially with a bit of megaspring home tuning.
    Yes, I had to re-grind the sear as the rifle was not cocking. Got it running nice now, I see the the centre screw in the trigger adjuster is actually a locking mechanism which pushes a spring tab out sideways to lock the two adjusters.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I lke them got one in.22 recently from here , its popular with one of my mates kids has the pistol grip is easyier for them to use in the garden plinking There mum has my BSa Ultra in .22 to shoot rats after the chickens, until dad buys one of her own for xmass

normal power for the 177 is 6 or 7 ftlb and as the above comments replacing the mainspring is a real pain.