Thread: BSA Scorpion pistol advice

BSA Scorpion pistol advice

Hello Everybody and Merry Christmas. Can you give me some advice please on the BSA Scorpion pistol, my local airgun shop has one that seems to be in very good condition, the asking price is £150, is this price ok or too high. I understand that he being a dealer needs to put a bit of a mark up. If the price is right what do I need to look for in the pistol (seals, rust etc.). Thanks for your help Lucio

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    If it is just a loose pistol, not boxed with its bits and pieces, then too expensive.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

way too high, unless it's boxed with all the extras and in mint condition.
    check that it has both front and rear sights. safety catch can be missing or not working. barrel bluing can be worn away .
    .177 or .22?
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by BSAfan View Post
    Hello Everybody and Merry Christmas. Can you give me some advice please on the BSA Scorpion pistol, my local airgun shop has one that seems to be in very good condition, the asking price is £150, is this price ok or too high. I understand that he being a dealer needs to put a bit of a mark up. If the price is right what do I need to look for in the pistol (seals, rust etc.). Thanks for your help Lucio
    Price is too high. Have a look in the "idiots guide" sticky at the top of the page, for a strip down. The breech seal is neoprene and goes gungy and the piston buffer washer does the same. Sometimes there are problems with the gun not firing, which is usually down to the safety indexing wrongly.
    I like the things, but my advice to you would be to see if you can try one before you look for one and then if you like it, ask for one on here. £60 will probably get you a working one with open sights one it (ie complete). Spares can be quite dear for these as well .
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

agree with the guys above, not boxed, no accessorys way overpriced, paid £90.00 for mine which was un boxed.