Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airwolf MVT - worst rifle ever?

Have a look at the XTX Airgun site for service costs, give them a ring and see if they have any idea what the problem could be and how you could fix it.

Its a shame you have the problems you do ,I have the grand prix and thats very accurate with 8.4's the onboard chrono reads more than less 785 every shot ,with it
    off it will shoot 790 with little variation, I should really shoot it more.
    I'd be interested to here what the problem is when you get it sorted
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Even with the on board electronics off, won't the power of the rifle be dictated by the programmed settings? On productions lines of most machines you get the odd "lemon". Send it back and demand a new one. I would. You parted with serious cash.

So gents,

After deciding to send the Airwolf back to Daystate with them promising to "take my comments into account", the rifle is now on it's way back to me, with £230.23 of my hard-earned having made it's way to Daystate's coffers.

The fault has been diagnosed as a corroded valve spring, from moisture in the buddy bottle. A buddy bottle which has only ever been charged with dehydrated air from divers bottles. What a truly resilient and fabulously well designed component.

Quite why this component is made from material which is susceptible to rust, god only knows. Daystate are investigating with their supplier, i doubt i'll ever hear back about that.

Quite why this spring shouldn't be the subject of a product recall is a question for Tony Belas. I wasn't the moron who didn't spec a stainless spring.

Quite why my rifle hasn't worked correctly for years, why Daystate's bumbling and half hearted attempts to resolve the problem have failed and why the issue was only resolved once the time and effort had to be paid for out of my pocket, well i'll let you guys draw your own conclusions on these points.

To say that i'm angry to pay hundreds of pounds for the pleasure of fixing a fault that should have been rectified years ago for free is an understatement.

To say that i wouldn't trust Tony Belas, his colleagues or his company as far as i could throw them is to put my feelings mildly.

To say they followed the letter of their warranty promise is true, to say they complied with any spirit of doing the right thing by a prolific customer (having bungled numerous repairs in the past) is a stretch.

For those of you who are thinking of buying an Airwolf or any other Daystate rifle, think very carefully. If this rifle of yours develops a fault within it's warranty period, don't be surprised if the problem remains until the rifle is outside of it's warranty period, at which point Daystate will gleefully lighten your pockets to the tune of £230.23 or thereabouts.

Bravo Daystate. Screw you all.

Air Arms and HW seldom bring out completely new guns, instead they improve their existing guns over decades to perfection.
    Daystates sell very well and are very good guns, but they could be much better if evolved more and for a longer model life. So then you're not buying a new very soon to be obsolete gun ! Panther anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyoungsheep View Post
    So gents,

After deciding to send the Airwolf back to Daystate with them promising to "take my comments into account", the rifle is now on it's way back to me, with £230.23 of my hard-earned having made it's way to Daystate's coffers.

The fault has been diagnosed as a corroded valve spring, from moisture in the buddy bottle. A buddy bottle which has only ever been charged with dehydrated air from divers bottles. What a truly resilient and fabulously well designed component.

Quite why this component is made from material which is susceptible to rust, god only knows. Daystate are investigating with their supplier, i doubt i'll ever hear back about that.

Quite why this spring shouldn't be the subject of a product recall is a question for Tony Belas. I wasn't the moron who didn't spec a stainless spring.

Quite why my rifle hasn't worked correctly for years, why Daystate's bumbling and half hearted attempts to resolve the problem have failed and why the issue was only resolved once the time and effort had to be paid for out of my pocket, well i'll let you guys draw your own conclusions on these points.

To say that i'm angry to pay hundreds of pounds for the pleasure of fixing a fault that should have been rectified years ago for free is an understatement.

To say that i wouldn't trust Tony Belas, his colleagues or his company as far as i could throw them is to put my feelings mildly.

To say they followed the letter of their warranty promise is true, to say they complied with any spirit of doing the right thing by a prolific customer (having bungled numerous repairs in the past) is a stretch.

For those of you who are thinking of buying an Airwolf or any other Daystate rifle, think very carefully. If this rifle of yours develops a fault within it's warranty period, don't be surprised if the problem remains until the rifle is outside of it's warranty period, at which point Daystate will gleefully lighten your pockets to the tune of £230.23 or thereabouts.

Bravo Daystate. Screw you all.
    Utterly shocking chain of events....230 flippin' quid. Odd it's a fault that is attributed to the owner

I've owned my current Steyrs for 9 and 10 years respectively and have had a few different bottles and different fill sites and have never found internal rust. Not sure what the internal springs are made of but i feel that the DS fault finding is a little suspect.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Sorry to hear of your problems on what is to say the least a large outlay on a rifle I have a 16 year old Huntsman FTR, simple, effective, and awesomly reliable. Your post makes me think Daystate may have lost something in that time I have heard of similar stories from friends and have to say would these days think long and hard before parting with my hard -earneded cash on a new Daystate.

Yeah,

I'm frigging furious.

I currently own 3 Daystates, 2 Mk3s and this Airwolf. In the past i have owned another 2 Mk3s, an X2, a Harrier, an Air Ranger and i had a Mk4 for about 2 months.

All of these guns have had the same treatment, and the only one which has failed is this Airwolf. To suggest my treatment of the rifle is the root cause of the error is a complete cop out.

It's never worked right, and it's never been fixed right. Until now allegedly. With my money.

Needless to say i'll be looking elsewhere from now on when the time comes to make a change. I'd rather smash my own testicles to pieces with a lump hammer than pay Tony Belas' wages.

Yeah,

I'm frigging furious.

I currently own 3 Daystates, 2 Mk3s and this Airwolf. In the past i have owned another 2 Mk3s, an X2, a Harrier, an Air Ranger and i had a Mk4 for about 2 months.

All of these guns have had the same treatment, and the only one which has failed is this Airwolf. To suggest my treatment of the rifle is the root cause of the error is a complete cop out.

It's never worked right, and it's never been fixed right. Until now allegedly. With my money.

Needless to say i'll be looking elsewhere from now on when the time comes to make a change. I'd rather smash my own testicles to pieces with a lump hammer than pay Tony Belas' wages.
    Brilliant !! Made me chuckle.Although....not a laughing matter I might add.

Lol.

Yeah, what can you do. If you didnt laugh, you'd cry.

Especially if you'd been banned in the Daystate Owners Club site for bringing facts to the attention of the faithful.

The Stasi don't like dissenting voices, it seems.

daystate

Hi Bud
    sorry to here about your gun, have you thought about trading standards, heard a story about someone purchased a tv, it went wrong just out of warranty but because the guy proved that other tv,s had the same fault he had the repair for free,

Lol.

Yeah, what can you do. If you didnt laugh, you'd cry.

Especially if you'd been banned in the Daystate Owners Club site for bringing facts to the attention of the faithful.

The Stasi don't like dissenting voices, it seems.
    well if the faithful cant stand truth maybe your better off being banded has the op states hes been very patient in his dealings with said firm and he still has an expensive rifle that dose not work, to my mind thats poor service to say the least. My own" ancient" Daystate is from the time when they were built like old fergy tractors, simple, reliable and effective, maybe I have been luckey but I cant help but think that the op has a fair point in bringing his disquiet to our knowledge.

Of little consolation to the OP, but i wont be buying a Daystate,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Of little consolation to the OP, but i wont be buying a Daystate,
    I had a choice of a forester or 510 ultimate sporter .....glad I made the right choice by opting for the AA ...great tool...looks are a bonus,fit sublime and faultless.

Still ain't right...

Newly serviced, and still throwing out pellets all over the board.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Beginning to look like legal action might be required.

758-792fps.

http://s547.photobucket.com/user/sco...]=1&sort=1&o=0

742-796fps

http://s547.photobucket.com/user/sco...tml?sort=3&o=1

744-792fps

http://s547.photobucket.com/user/sco...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by scottyoungsheep; 13-02-2015 at 11:45 PM.