Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Airwolf MVT - worst rifle ever?

You should have sent it to Staffs Custom Rifles they would have done a proper job and probably cheaper.

My .177 sub 12 mvt was doing exactly the same thing a few weeks back it was shooting 750fps when it was set to 780 but at the same time I tried a few pellets from a friends tin of pellets which were aa fields and it was perfect so I put it down to a bad batch of jsb pellets I was useing. It's also done it before and that was allways the probe seal even though to the naked eye it looked perfect.
    Air Arms tx200 .177 mtc mamba lite 4-16x44
    Daystate platinum .177 Mtc viper 10x44
    Daystate airwolf MVT .177..Mtc mamba lite 3-12x44...meon valley airgun club.

What difference would a bad batch make? Weight differences? These have been weighed into 0.1gr batches.

I've used 2 different lots these, H&N FTT and defiants. All the same.

Will buy some new and see what happens.

Get on to trading standards. They've not honoured their responsibilities under warranty and then charged you for a service which didn't work.
    Last edited by Anothermiss; 14-02-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: correction to bloody auto text.

Quote Originally Posted by gunstock View Post
    Hi Bud
    sorry to here about your gun, have you thought about trading standards, heard a story about someone purchased a tv, it went wrong just out of warranty but because the guy proved that other tv,s had the same fault he had the repair for free,
    thats a very good idea gary

Quote Originally Posted by scottyoungsheep View Post
    What difference would a bad batch make? Weight differences? These have been weighed into 0.1gr batches.

I really hope you get this sorted. Re pellets ... somehow I can not believe this is the problem. But I did once have a problem with my Mk3 FTR that was clearly caused by a rogue tin of pellets. I weighed each pellet individually, sorted into weight bands then tested them ... sprayed all over the place even though chrono results were fine; no correlation with weight band either.
    In the end I opened a new tin of the same batch number as the original tin as i had just about used them all up (approx 300 shots I guess) ..... well, I was surprised to find that normal acuracy was resumed. I can only conclude it was just a rogue tin, maybe heads not quite central (I had checked for skirt damage and could not see any). One of life's mysteries....

As I said, I would be very surprised to find pellets were to blame.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Get on to trading standards. They've not honoured their responsibilities under warranty and then charged you for a service which didn't work.
    I think if I was in your shoes and hadn't messed with it I would do exactly that.

You've just paid that money for a service (let alone the initial out lay and years of problems), put it back in the box and send it straight back to them and tell them, this is not going away until its right and I'm not paying any more money !

The 2 tins it shot low powered were both of the same batch of jsb 4.53 and both tins were the same 750 fps when board was set to 780 fps...I'm now on a new batch of 10 tins and these seem fine.
    Air Arms tx200 .177 mtc mamba lite 4-16x44
    Daystate platinum .177 Mtc viper 10x44
    Daystate airwolf MVT .177..Mtc mamba lite 3-12x44...meon valley airgun club.

I would return it,
    ask for the recent payment refunded and expect a replacement rifle,
    giving them the option to make good on a bad situation before going to trading standards etc,
    good luck with it, I expect this thread will be quite high on all future searches for said rifle too,
    the BBS is normally in the top 5 results in almost any search I've done the last few years,

Guys,

A little advice please. Technical if you think it'd help, or general advice on how you'd proceed if you were me.

I have a .177 Airwolf MVT. It has never worked properly, despite having been back to Daystate at least 3 times during it's lifetime. I work away from home a lot, and don't shoot the thing regularly. Have taken it out again recently now I'm home for a bit and it's still the same enfuriating piece of excrement it's always been.

When set at 780fps, it rarely gets above 750. Usually hovers around 730. Sometime throws in a 760.

I own two Daystate Mk3s, one in .22, and one in .177. The .22 goes from 570 up to 575fps and back to 570 over about 70 shots in single fps jumps. It's metronomic. A perfect rifle. The .177 does similarly. The MVT jumps 40 fps in a single shot. Pathetic performance.

I can't sell the thing. In writing this post I've earmarked it as blacklisted, and more to the point I'm not enough of a to palm off a rifle this bad onto some poor unsuspecting bastard.

When the rifle was back at Daystate it had updated software, a new board (I think), and a clean bill of health. A test string to prove it did ten shots at 780. And as soon as it's home and into the field, it messes the bed again.

Considering this is a £1300 supergun that is consistent outperformed by two £300 rifles, and probably by a bloody catapult, what do you guys think is a realistic way to proceed?

Send it to them and don't accept it back until it's fixed for good? Use it as a melee weapon?
    Send me a mail at support@mtcoptics.com and I'll look into this for you. The MD has a keen interest in quality and I'll get this investigated and fixed.
    I can't validate your warranty status but let's get the issue sorted first. It's Stefano's intention to restore Daystate's reputation for the best quality and service in the industry.
    This offer goes to anybody else, feel free to mail me personally.

Maybe this kind gesture is the light at the end of the tunnel. Good work, Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Maybe this kind gesture is the light at the end of the tunnel. Good work, Gary.
    Agree , well done MR C

Nice one Mr C, I have an MVT and I know how good these guns are, Scottyoungsheep has really really suffered with this one, can you let us know how this ends up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfun View Post
    Nice one Mr C, I have an MVT and I know how good these guns are, Scottyoungsheep has really really suffered with this one, can you let us know how this ends up ?
    plus 1 on that please.