Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Airwolf MVT - worst rifle ever?

Hi all
    I will be recommending total transparency in future. If there have been screw ups they need to be admitted, addressed and put right. Customers need to have total faith that the company are both professional and honest, and that when there is a fault it is fixed. We had problems at MTC and just adopted a policy of honesty and gave the customers it warts and all. There has to be humility, every scope a customer bought from us we were grateful for their investment and trust and when it went wrong we felt we'd let them down. At that point we had to put it right, every voice on the phone had a story and a life and we were causing problems, it was a big deal to them NOT solved by a few glib lines.

There seems to be a lack of confidence in Daystate here, so there has to be 2 steps. Firstly getting outstanding issues resolved, secondly putting steps in place for quick resolution for future problems. Make no mistake things do go wrong no matter how good the manufacturing and quality process. That's why I've offered my email address.

If you have a story, tell me. If you have a problem. Tell me. I will see it gets to the right person.

Have a read through this thread

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ical-177/page2

It sounds like similar symptoms to the one I had, read David Snooks posts, it might help that's where my money would go.
    BSA Ultra SS Regged.177

secretagentmole Guest
    In response to Mr C.

Something does need to be done about the current situation at Daystate. Regals are being shipped out with all manner of problems. A friend of mine had one that was underpowered. After sending it back to Daystate it came back still underpowered but with an added air leak. After the second return power was increased fractionally and it was still leaking air. At this point to took it to an RFD with a gunsmith who repaired both faults and now the gun works.

Problem is after that farago he will never buy another Daystate again, hell you might even have problems getting him to buy any PCP again. His faith in the quality of the product and in the service offered by the company have been shattered. Shame really as his partner owns an excellent Huntsman that she loves.

This is also what happens when you also charge £200 odd for a service that you can get done elsewhere for £50! Why the difference in price? Not as if you are talking about having serviced by people who are not Daystate accredited service agents either!

I am not a Daystate hater, I have a Mk 3 that is a lovely rifle.

Thanks for taking the time to feedback SAM. Really appreciate it. The more we know of the problems the more solutions we can find.

Hello I have had only 1 contact with Daystate and that was a enquirey about a spare and where to obtain it.
    'Where did you get this number?
    Answer .'From your website.'
    Snotty and short. ' We dont deal with members of the public, go to a RFD.'
    That was the first and last call I will ever make.
    Sorry to have a moan, was not best pleased.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

really good to see Gary C taking the time to try sort this all. would be nice to see British company's back up top where they belong had a great service recently from PAX they took the time to sort my own issues yet to have to contact Airarms about anything but the rifles i have used of theres have been amazingly good. would love to see Daystate back ontop as they should be rather than the current rep they have. saw pictures of another *new* daystate thats been back a few times. full of rust and nastyness. and the guys been fobbed off constantly with that one also will look to direct him this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello I have had only 1 contact with Daystate and that was a enquirey about a spare and where to obtain it.
    'Where did you get this number?
    Answer .'From your website.'
    Snotty and short. ' We dont deal with members of the public, go to a RFD.'
    That was the first and last call I will ever make.
    Sorry to have a moan, was not best pleased.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Just to add a positive note . im a big Daystate fan and have owned a ranger for nigh on 3 years and its the best rifle iv ever owned . I had a couple of telephone dealings with DS and they have been brilliant with me , including sending FOC several probe seals . I was lucky enough to spend a good hour with Simon C at the lowther show and to my mind a cracking bloke and let me shoot near enough the whole DS stable . iv followed the thread on the wolf and the ranger and was surprised by the outcome . However when you start hearing complaints like this and evidence from mr moley and some of the other more knowledgeable members across the forums something needs to be done . I would be fuming if it was me . these rifles are a lot of money !!!!!

I think its great Mr C is now involved, but 5 pages of more or less bad publicity for Daystate afore that happended not inspireing is it so come on Daystate lets see some action, you more or less invented the modern pcp, your products and service was allways A1 , now well if we read this thread and personally talking to people who have had problems with the newer Daystates in many local gun shops I wonder how long Daystate will survive. .And I think it would be a real sad day if we lost Daystate due to a "that will do attitude", look what happended to our motor bike and car industry because of that attitude. So I for one hope Daystate will get there act together, its an expensive product, it should work perfectly, first time, evrey time, get the message Daystate, can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Hi all
    I will be recommending total transparency in future. If there have been screw ups they need to be admitted, addressed and put right. Customers need to have total faith that the company are both professional and honest, and that when there is a fault it is fixed. We had problems at MTC and just adopted a policy of honesty and gave the customers it warts and all. There has to be humility, every scope a customer bought from us we were grateful for their investment and trust and when it went wrong we felt we'd let them down. At that point we had to put it right, every voice on the phone had a story and a life and we were causing problems, it was a big deal to them NOT solved by a few glib lines.

There seems to be a lack of confidence in Daystate here, so there has to be 2 steps. Firstly getting outstanding issues resolved, secondly putting steps in place for quick resolution for future problems. Make no mistake things do go wrong no matter how good the manufacturing and quality process. That's why I've offered my email address.

If you have a story, tell me. If you have a problem. Tell me. I will see it gets to the right person.
    I have to say, this is a really nice post. Full of genuine honest to goodness business acumen. Derek

Hope your help works

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Hi all

I hope you can stand up to your comments, the old, old story that "oh we now understand, and from lessons learned we will go forward", this is still a cop out.

Somehow I don't think you will either last or stay long.

There has been for some time been an attitude of " we are Daystate we are the best" the arrogance with which customers are treated is unbelievable.

There are many of us that have been banned from the Daystate Owners Club for voicing our opinions, any negative comment is taken as a personal affront to Daystate, however valid they may be.

The banning from the "DOC" allegedly comes from " the right person" you refer to.

Some of the advice given on the "DOC" can be farcical, but it is put out as gospel, some advisors seem unable to put a sentence together.

I wish good you good luck, but fear that the damage already to customer confidence, may be long lasting.

All the best

Gary

I've just been banned from the DOC too for comments I made about QC and set up of rifles.
    I also suggested that one of the mods had an inflated ego, (Simon Cockayne) which I think is a pretty obvious statement.
    Oh well, they live in cloud cuckoo land over there anyway.

Chris

Let's hope Daystate do take a long hard look at customer service and work to improve
    To my mind they sell a product that is sold as being top line at a top line price there is nothing wrong at all with this people buy because they want the best
    If Daystate deliver the best - which proper qc should ensure everyone's happy
    If things go wrong they should be very quick to rectify and if anything over compensate the customer ( as it should be an in frequent thing )
    Things go wrong with every product every once in a while something will go wrong - a supplier lets them down someone is having a bad day etc
    Maybe if a Daystate goes wrong under warranty a loan gun is sent out - no question so the customer has something to shoot
    The customer is now happy as he has a gun ?
    The repair is carried out quickly and properly checked by a senior service person maybe the customer is called and kept well informed the customer feels they are being cared for etc

Sure things will improve
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by spike589715 View Post
    Let's hope Daystate do take a long hard look at customer service and work to improve
    To my mind they sell a product that is sold as being top line at a top line price there is nothing wrong at all with this people buy because they want the best
    If Daystate deliver the best - which proper qc should ensure everyone's happy
    If things go wrong they should be very quick to rectify and if anything over compensate the customer ( as it should be an in frequent thing )
    Things go wrong with every product every once in a while something will go wrong - a supplier lets them down someone is having a bad day etc
    Maybe if a Daystate goes wrong under warranty a loan gun is sent out - no question so the customer has something to shoot
    The customer is now happy as he has a gun ?
    The repair is carried out quickly and properly checked by a senior service person maybe the customer is called and kept well informed the customer feels they are being cared for etc

Sure things will improve
    Simon
    Some good thaughts there Simon, lets wait and see but I would hope it dose improve and fast

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I've just been banned from the DOC too for comments I made about QC and set up of rifles.
    I also suggested that one of the mods had an inflated ego, (Simon Cockayne) which I think is a pretty obvious statement.
    Oh well, they live in cloud cuckoo land over there anyway.

Chris
    well your intitled to your oppinions, and "constructive-crtiicism" is helthey for any firm or organisationI have never bought in to the attitude prevalent with some organisations and firms that we know best because were a, b, c, thats just bullshit.

Had mine now for 11 years with no problems after original return under warranty for over power issue.best gun I've owned .and are now collectable and quite rare.