Thread: ? Question ? Scorpion pistol

Question ? Question ? Scorpion pistol

Hi to all the scorpion pistol lovers out there a couple of vexing questions.Has a mk1 scorpion 177 have the calibre marked on the barrel ie as on the .22. Also has any one ever seen a mk 1 WITHOUT scorpion stamped on the cylinder. Also a section of chequering where your thumb sits on the grip. not able to find any pictures of such, Many Thanks Hope everyone had a good christmas and hope every one has a prosperous New Year.

Just checked a Mk.1 .177 Scorpion, and that does have the calibre stamped on the barrel along with the BSA Piled Arms trademark, and 'BSAGuns Limited England'.
    This pistol has the later style grip fitted, in that it does not have any 'stippling' on the thumb rest area, but I have another earlier grip with 'stippling' on the thumb rest area, which is different to the cross hatching on the main hand grip
    I have not seen a Scorpion without the name on the cylinder, and have seen quite a few, but that does not mean such an item doesn't exist.

Smile scorpion pistol

Hi Thanks for looking at your pistol, the one i have has the stippling on the thumb area,do"s that mean it"s an early type it has a PA no,but no calibre or crossed guns,also no scorpion on the cylinder,will post pictures when i get my camera back Many Thanks again for the imformation.