Thread: BSA Mercury S .177 valuation please.

BSA Mercury S .177 valuation please.

Good evening all. As above valuation required please. Recently fully serviced. Beautiful dark walnut stock. Boxed complete with open sights. Please note this is the S model which denotes heavy barrel, proper breech bolt and higher power than standard Mercury. Excellent overall condition. PM me for more details as per. Thank you. Best regards. Derek.

Valuation

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Good evening all. As above valuation required please. Recently fully serviced. Beautiful dark walnut stock. Boxed complete with open sights. Please note this is the S model which denotes heavy barrel, proper breech bolt and higher power than standard Mercury. Excellent overall condition. PM me for more details as per. Thank you. Best regards. Derek.

I'm no expert but being a .177 I think will push the price up a little. As always it will also depend on what someone will pay and if it's a gun that's dearly wanted then the price could reflect this.
    I'm guessing around £200.00 but would not be supprised if you got a more!

Chris

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Is it an early model (squared off front) or later (rounded front with a slight point to it)?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Is it an early model (squared off front) or later (rounded front with a slight point to it)?

Pete
    Hi Pete, yes it is the squared off model. I believe its an early 1980's one. I've been offered by a dealer £230. So I suppose he's going to be adding 30% on the shelf. Although it is nice and with a heavy heart I'll regret it slightly I'm keen on raising some funds. Derek

Hi Pete, yes it is the squared off model. I believe its an early 1980's one. I've been offered by a dealer £230. So I suppose he's going to be adding 30% on the shelf. Although it is nice and with a heavy heart I'll regret it slightly I'm keen on raising some funds. Derek
    That's a good price from a dealer, I've been looking for a mk2 version for ages.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

That's a good price from a dealer, I've been looking for a mk2 version for ages.

Pete
    Pete is this Mercury a mk2 then out of interest? Thankyou. Derek

Pete is this Mercury a mk2 then out of interest? Thankyou. Derek
    The early model "S" I think where based on modified mk2's which I think BSA then carried across some of the "S" features onto some of the mk3's and more onto the mk4's, the later "S" where based on mk4's because of the stock shape.

Pete

The early model "S" I think where based on modified mk2's which I think BSA then carried across some of the "S" features onto some of the mk3's and more onto the mk4's, the later "S" where based on mk4's because of the stock shape.

Pete
    Thanks for that Pete. Is it a more desirable version of the Mercury's would you say?
    I'm trying to make sure that I don't under sell this rifle. I'd consider a swap for an excellent condition Webley Longbow .22 or .177. Derek

Thanks for that Pete. Is it a more desirable version of the Mercury's would you say?
    I'm trying to make sure that I don't under sell this rifle. I'd consider a swap for an excellent condition Webley Longbow .22 or .177. Derek
    Yes they are and as yours is in .177 then even more desirable, I managed to buy an early one in a gun shop in the early 2000s for £100, the "S"s where better quality finish wise than the standard models and they also had better features like 2 stage metal trigger (plastic on standard), adjustable breech bolt, walnut stock and the thicker section 17mm barrel (standard had 15.5mm), I'd say around about £200 is a fair starting price, so the £230 trade in price you've been offered so far is pretty good.

Pete