Thread: Lucznik Predom

Lucznik Predom

As a gift to play with my wife got me a Lucznik wz1970, came in original case with cleaning tools etc, very much a Walther copy only not as refined but that was the point, it was a. Workshop project, after testing the pistol it highlighted two real issues, VERY low on power & unable to punch a clean hole in a target and a trigger that required a tow truck to pull, Boxing Day was spent palying with my new toy, pistol was stripped, cleaned and fully inspected, first job was to hone the cylinder that looked like it had been machined with nails, once done I had a nice smooth cylinder with a reprofiled transfer port to allow better flow, next was the piston seal, the old and very worn leather seal removed I set about making a new ptfe head with o ring seals (to allow for any inconsistency in the cyclinder bore) this was soon machined and fitted, I then fitted the pistol with some lighter trigger mech springs and set about sorting the awful trigger out, as parts are hard to come by this was a slow careful process with a lot of testing along the way until I was happy with the first stage and second stage release, the entire pistol was reassembled with modern lubes and left for the night due to it now being about 3am, this morning I set up in my range and tested it, Pistol now has a really nice & predictable trigger, still somewhat heavier than my Steyr but very useable, power is very respectable & consistent as are the shots, at 6 yards I was able to make a single hole group of 5 shots
    Yep, whilst the kids spent their day playing with their new toys I also had one of the best boxing days for a long time playing with my new toy, I doubt I would have had anywhere near as much fun had I been bought a brand new pistol to simply shoot.

Anyone got a holster for one of these available ?
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    As a gift to play with my wife got me a Lucznik wz1970, came in original case with cleaning tools etc, very much a Walther copy only not as refined but that was the point, it was a. Workshop project, after testing the pistol it highlighted two real issues, VERY low on power & unable to punch a clean hole in a target and a trigger that required a tow truck to pull, Boxing Day was spent palying with my new toy, pistol was stripped, cleaned and fully inspected, first job was to hone the cylinder that looked like it had been machined with nails, once done I had a nice smooth cylinder with a reprofiled transfer port to allow better flow, next was the piston seal, the old and very worn leather seal removed I set about making a new ptfe head with o ring seals (to allow for any inconsistency in the cyclinder bore) this was soon machined and fitted, I then fitted the pistol with some lighter trigger mech springs and set about sorting the awful trigger out, as parts are hard to come by this was a slow careful process with a lot of testing along the way until I was happy with the first stage and second stage release, the entire pistol was reassembled with modern lubes and left for the night due to it now being about 3am, this morning I set up in my range and tested it, Pistol now has a really nice & predictable trigger, still somewhat heavier than my Steyr but very useable, power is very respectable & consistent as are the shots, at 6 yards I was able to make a single hole group of 5 shots
    Yep, whilst the kids spent their day playing with their new toys I also had one of the best boxing days for a long time playing with my new toy, I doubt I would have had anywhere near as much fun had I been bought a brand new pistol to simply shoot.

I like the predoms, but I've got parts of an LP53 to play with now!
    I've got an old leather holster for it. I'm away til tomorrow, but I'll take a pic when i get back.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Was that the one I missed on here very recently missing the grips and sight, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I like the predoms, but I've got parts of an LP53 to play with now!
    I've got an old leather holster for it. I'm away til tomorrow, but I'll take a pic when i get back.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Was that the one I missed on here very recently missing the grips and sight, lol

Thats the kiddie! Its currently in many pieces in the cupboard until i get more parts (hopefully next week)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Looked to be a VERY good buy, only just missed it, as I was about to type someone else stuck a "Yes please" on the thread, lol. If ya don't need the holster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thats the kiddie! Its currently in many pieces in the cupboard until i get more parts (hopefully next week)
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Have a look on fleabay, Item# 281532609045 Around £17 posted, Buy it now! Two available

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Have a look on fleabay, Item# 281532609045 Around £17 posted, Buy it now! Two available

John
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,