Thread: New air pistol recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    That one seems to be set up for shooting from the hip
    Oi, I have really short arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Oi, I have really short arms!
    No offence

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Cue the "Iron Sight Police" Personally I quake slightly at fitting a Red Dot, although I have two pistols outfitted thus. Those are abominations, I tell ye
    In my defence, the falcon has no sights, there were an after market addon, I did get some but the rear sight was horrible, it (the sight blade) had a tendency to move at the slightest touch, also to get the most from this pistol it needed a scope (tin cans at 40m (I now sit back and await the abuse from those who think such shots are impossible) shots taken from a rest
    The scope is a Simons 2-6 zoom (any thing over 3mag standing with the pistol unsuported and the shaking is extreme)
    The pistol with quick fill silencer is heavy to start with the scope just makes it even more so, I can only shoot it for a few shots at a time before my back gives out, now I shoot it from a shooting stick
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

hw45

i have not tried an hw75, but own an hw 45 . hw 40 and 2240.
    i have to agree with the positive comments on the hw 40 and 2240 but feel i should put some info up for the hw 45 .
    i started of in my youth with a webley tempest [ and it still workks fine] so the natural progression for me was the 45 as it is basically the same only bigger and more powerful.
    it is not as powerful as i was led to believe but only found this out years latter when i got a chrony.
    the 45 is maybe not ideal as a 1st pistol but if you can master the recoil it is VERY satisfying to use when it all goes right.
    i recently loaned mine to a chap who was a bit dissatisfyed with his new webley typhoon and he was delighted with the 45 after he,d got used to it.
    it feels a lot more powerful than it is but thats all part of the fun i think.
    i suppose it may be the same argument that its easier to hit somthing with a pcp rifle but very satisfying if you pull off the same same shot with a springer.
    all the pistols mentioned [appart from the new webley typhoon semirecoiless , which i thought was dreadful] are good and they all have their plus points.
    not saying the 45 is the best but if you have not fired one i would give it a try.
    as previously stated it depends what you want from your pistol.
    i recently tried a webley allecto and was very impressed so looking into that next.