Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All our Yesterdays

All our Yesterdays

A bit of New Years Eve fun - Inspired by flatrajectory (Pete ) with his Webley Mk1V and headgear.

So as most on this section have a few years under their belts I thought it would be interesting to see what did you dress as in your misspent youth ! Mod or Rocker - or a 'Peace Man' Hippy

For me it was:
    Two tone tonics
    Ben Shermans
    Fred Perry
    Crombie Overcoat
    Tassled Lofas
    Brogues

Never had a scooter - first bike was a BSA 250 Starfire that eat big end shells and the reverse cone mega was a favorite with my parents neighbors They liked the crackle of my mates two stroke Suzuki even less

All our yesterdays...from the 70's.

Well, on my motorbikes, it was leather rear zip boots, with white sea boot socks folded over the top, blue (later black or leather) jeans, Belstaff Black Prince PVC jacket, followed by a Belstaff waxed cotton jacket or a fringed Rivetts black leather jacket - depending on the weather.
    Shooting/fishing gear - Wellies, blue overalls, like my farming mates used, with a parka over the top...plenty of pockets for ammo/torches/knives. If it was too hot for overalls/parka, whatever the local Army surplus shop had in stock. Think the US tank crew stuff was fairly light, with plenty of pockets.
    Disco gear Cheesecloth shirt, denim waistcoat, stupidly flared pink/purple/blue Wranglers, with platform heels.

Luckily. the photographic evidence was destroyed when the cellar flooded many years back.

Bru
    Last edited by laverdabru; 31-12-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: omission
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Clash T shirt and combat trousers for me. I couldn't afford a leather jacket at the time!

John

I went through several phases, as you do, but in the 60's I was most deffo a Mod.
    I rode a Lambretta li 125 with a few extra mirrors and lots of chrome. I wore a fishtail parka on the scoot......underneath a very shiny tight fitting 2 piece suit, Ben Sherman shirt and brown brogues.
    Music...it was the Who of course. At one point,when I worked in the book dept. Of WH Smiths, Pete Townsend actually stood in front of me and asked if we had a book on some electronic music wizardry.......I was too awestruck to serve him....!
    Happy days.
    Pete.

As Mark D my first bike was a Starfire, I was never into fashion did'nt have the money, biking gear was from Army and Navy stores, here we go petrol was 33p a gallon, beer 11p a pint.

Francis barnett

As title ,
    Francis Barnett? and that's not a haircut .......
    eric

Definately a rocker, never had a proper bikers jacket, had to make do with a sheepskin lined flyers jacket from the surplus shop. Worth a kings ransom now but long gone. When not on the bike it had to be a suit with drainpipe trousers, drape jacket with black velvet collar and winklepicker shoes. But try as I might I couldn't get the sideboards to grow. Didn't get out of suits till I was well into my twenties, by then they had huge flares, four inch wide lapels and flowery ties. My wife loves to entertain the grandkids with the photo's.
    Mel.
    Last edited by mel h; 01-01-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Misspent youth

Triumph t21 with straight through megas...
    Ben sherman denim shirt..
    Pink levi cord jeans
    Green leather platform boots.....Washed out levi jacket..
    Fantastic time....

Triumph T120 (1969 4 speed pre oil in frame - the sought after one).
    Barbour jacket which stunk the house out when you had to regularly re-proof it and a pair of proper fleece lined boots from the Army Surplus store and sea boot socks turned over the top. (Why?) That was my only form of transport throughout the year. Now I wont go out in the car if the heaters not working.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sea boot socks turned over the top. (Why?) That was my only form of transport throughout the year. Now I wont go out in the car if the heaters not working.

ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE]

Sheer fashion, Ian! Do you remember when Mike Hailwood took the sides out of his boots in the IOM and taped them up with some light-coloured tape? Within a week there wasn't a pair of Hunter boots in the country not so adorned. Most of us probably never got a footrest within 6" of the road.

But it's good to be prepared, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

aimless Guest

my (british) yesterdays: RICKMAN

Hi, I owned the bike for over 10 years, but sold last year. (too hard to ride for my age ;-) ) Engine is a Kawasaki Z 1000 Mk 2.......

http://sta.sh/0h76t4hyv5r

best regards, Jochen

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Too late for either...Yamaha RD250....Adidas trainers, jeans, black leather bomber jacket and AGV Ago helmet.... happy days

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    sea boot socks turned over the top. (Why?) That was my only form of transport throughout the year. Now I wont go out in the car if the heaters not working.

ATB
    Ian
    Sheer fashion, Ian! Do you remember when Mike Hailwood took the sides out of his boots in the IOM and taped them up with some light-coloured tape? Within a week there wasn't a pair of Hunter boots in the country not so adorned. Most of us probably never got a footrest within 6" of the road.

But it's good to be prepared, Mick[/QUOTE]

WHAT! With Avon SMs?
    I remember saving up for a pair of TT100s They were the bees knees and I didn't want to wear them out.
    My 'party piece' was trapping the pillions foot against the road due to my Tiger Cub having folding rear pegs.

I remember the orange headlight covers that you could fit to your bike with the makers name on. What was THAT all about? If you wanted to be seen - switch your lights on.

Ah, the good old days. Nostalgia aint what it was.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

brew 11 only 15p a pint

That's reminded me...

Loved the Rickman Z-1000! Too old? No! My ZX9R still sees regular use, but I must confess the Laverda is going to be hard work at my age if I do it up.

Orange dayglo headlamp covers - had one on a Honda 125. Don't think the 6v battery had enough poke to run lights all the time.

Other fashion faux pa's over the years - denim cut offs, Derriboots. Headbands. R90S style fairing on a Z-400 twin, with a ram skull on the top of the screen. A very green one piece leather that got me called 'Kermit'. Purple Dreadlocks. Circa a dozen ear piercings.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.